What's new

Anybody else still waiting on five free HD-DVD's? (3 Viewers)

chuckg

Supporting Actor
Completely unrelated, maybe, but I thought I'd get in a whine. Wife and I bought a dinig room table. The folks at some unmentionable furniture store (but I think the lady's name was Ashley, something like that...smirk) said "three to five weeks" for delivery.

It actually took over three months. My wife was livid, marched in and demanded a table of any description to use until ours arrived. It worked.

Ric Easton

Senior HTF Member
Harumph! I did make the call, and they said it was still "being processed." So, hopefully, that means that I'll be getting them eventually! No hurry really since I have a lot to watch. I've been buying them like they're going out of style!

Um wait a sec... They are going out of style.

Stephen_J_H

All Things Film Junkie
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Stephen J. Hill
I'm wondering what'll get here first: the 5 I ordered from Amazon 2 weeks ago, or the 5 free. My money's on the Amazon order.

DavidJ

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
Called again today and I was told they are still processing and that when they shipped it could take up to four weeks for them to arrive. :frowning:

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
Interesting. . .I called the number to see if they'd received my letter yet. The woman said "we've got you in the system from your Blu-Ray offer, but your HD-DVD offer isn't showing up yet. Try calling back in a few weeks."

Same fulfillment company!

DeanR

Second Unit
Real Name
Dean
I just sent in my 5 free HD DVD offer the other day. If I get the movies I will consider it a bonus. I am not counting on it.

Stephen_J_H

All Things Film Junkie
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Stephen J. Hill
My Amazon order showed up first, of course, with a "floating" Bourne Ultimatum combo disc. Played it last night with no difficulties, in spite of a scuff towards the hub of the disc on the HD side. Colour me impressed with my A30.

Patrick.C

Second Unit
My boss just received his after about three months. They also included a firmware update disc in his envelope (version 2.8). Did anyone else get the firmware disc?

Ensign Eddie

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Scott
I finally got mine yesterday (I sent it around the first of December). Of course, they were delivered on the same day that Dallas was hit by a veritable monsoon (my area had over 4 inches of rain and the airport just gave up and shut down for most of the day). Luckily the disks had no water damage. But my copy of "The Thing" looked like someone had used an angry icepick to scratch through the UPC (none of the other UPCs were marred, though).

I notice that a number of you that have received yours in the last few weeks actually called the number to check on your order. I also called a little over two weeks ago to verify that they had my order.

I'm wondering if there is any correlation to calling the number and getting the disks. In other words, I wonder if just by calling I upped my priority a little. I know it seems to work with my electric company when the lights go out! :laugh:

Joshua_JO

Agent
Still waiting for mine as well. I sent in for my 5 free BD's after I did for my HD-DVD's and I've already received them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SaladinNagasawa
Recent bookmarks