What's new

Anybody else still waiting on five free HD-DVD's? (2 Viewers)

JeremyR

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jeremy
I sent in my paperwork in early December. I realize it can take up to 3 months or more, I just hope I get the things before the plug is pulled. I called and confirmed with them it is being processed, but that was weeks ago, so I at least know they received it and it was approved. But I would hate to not get the discs because HD-DVD lost.

Rich Allen

Second Unit
Real Name
Rich Allen
I sent mine in about the same time and got them a couple of weeks ago. It might depend on the discs you selected and when they get them in.

Scott Jentsch

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Scott
Mail-in offer sent 10/31/2007. Discs finally came in the mail on 2/16/2008.

I'll be interested to see what Toshiba does if they do call it quits, as the mail-in offer was clearly part of the package being sold, and not fulfilling those offers would result in a breach of the purchase "contract."

The fine print in the offer does say "while supplies last" but one would hope that Toshiba is smarter than to screw over their customers twice in one fell swoop.

Ric Easton

Senior HTF Member
Sent both the HD-DVD and Blu rebates in at the same time (End of December). Got the Blu-rays a couple of weeks ago, still waiting on the HD-DVDs. I hope they get here soon, been waiting too long to check out "The Thing"

JeremyR

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jeremy
Well, I just got off the phone with them, and they said it was in processing and they should ship by the end of the month. I guess we'll see.

Bryan X

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
I sent mine in around early November. Received them just a couple weeks ago around the end of January. About 9-10 weeks turnaround for me.

Raasean Asaad

Supporting Actor
Sent mine in the Monday after Black Friday but still haven't received them yet. Called in December and they were supposed to be "Shipping Soon". I'm starting to get pissed with Toshiba and don't know if they'll be getting much more of my money in the future.

PerryD

Supporting Actor
I'm sure they have 1000s of mail-in offers to process with the recent price drop to $129 on Amazon. Even Best Buy & Circuit City has had ads with the new lower price and the 5 free offer. I have to imagine (hope?) that Toshiba has inventory already in place to fulfill the free movie offers based on sales.

Ron Reda

Senior HTF Member
Sent the HD DVD offer in on 12/4/07 and BR in on 1/4/08. Haven't gotten anything yet. Called to check on the BR stuff mid-January and they said it was "still processing."

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
That reminds me. . .I've still gotta send in my form. :D

Oh well. Still have my free BDs to watch until the free HD-DVDs arrive. . .

Viper

Second Unit
Real Name
Joe Fisk
Am I the only one who thinks this is nuts? The form states 8-10 weeks, which is about what it's been so far. However, people who sent theirs a month before mine are just now getting their movies. WTF do they think this, 1978!? 8-10 is hardly a reasonable turnaround time to begin with and these assholes can't even meet that!

Ron Reda

Senior HTF Member

The way I deal with these things is: complete the form, completely forget about it, they arrive on my doorstep.

BrettV

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Brett Voss
I sent in mine about 2 days after the transformers HD DVD came out. I received my 5 free last tuesday Feb. 12.

DavidJ

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David

No. I sent mine in before the end of October and was told last week that they are still processing. In my book, that is a bit nuts.

RolandL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Roland Lataille

I sent mine in November and received them last week. Its been so long I can't remember what titles I requested. Doesn't matter. I'll sell them on EBAY.

Jerry R Colvin

Stunt Coordinator
I sent for mine in June in response to an Amazon promotion, did not receive them by October, complained to Amazon about it, got five free from Amazon, then finally got the five free from Toshiba another month later. Now I'm selling almost all used or new (never opened) discs on the 'net and it's paying for the player I'm stuck with... I'm breaking even. Will switch to blu-ray only after player prices drop and they change the toddler-blue color of their cases.

Viper

Second Unit
Real Name
Joe Fisk

huh. Amazon gave you 5 because Toshiba didn't process yours in the time they were supposed to? Damn. I think I'll email them next week. lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SaladinNagasawa
Recent bookmarks