What's new

Anybody Else Looking Foward to the New Superman X-Box Game? (1 Viewer)

Ike

Screenwriter
Whew, long title.

Got my new OXM in the mail today, and I have to admit, despite being seriously burned on the N64 Superman game, I got a little excited seeing the screenshots for the new Superman game.

Is this hopeless optimism? Could this game turn out good, or is it doomed? Anybody know any of the other games the developer has done? How's the track record on this one?

The extremely juvenile part of me is a sucker for superhero games, and a great Superman game could really really rule!

Dan B

Screenwriter
Hmm...I think this is the developer's website:
http://www.circusfreak.com
I haven't heard of them. It looks like the game will be coming to the PS2 also. The screens in the magazine are very early. I don't recall seeing anything on the 'net...the magazine says that their preview is an exclusive, too, so maybe there haven't been any shots on the 'net yet.
-Dan

Ike

Screenwriter
Pick the magazine up to see screens.

It's a 2 page quickie. There's a shot of Superman fighting, and there are shots of him just standing around.

After the website, I'm getting scared. Is this their first game?

Carl Johnson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Carl III
This is the first I've heard of it. My natural response would be :thumbsdown: as some company is probably using a Superman logo to market a mediocre game but I'd like to be proven wrong.

Ike

Screenwriter
From the preview in the magazine:

Boss monsters, hidden areas, and a promised free flight mode will boost the replay value.
Free flight mode? Now, that sounds sweet. It also says that the Metropolis is all futuristic, and has hover cars and the like (I don't follow the comics at all).

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
As long as they don't fog up the whole city, then free flight would be cool.

Are they gonna make it so you have a story to follow or will you be able to go around the city, find people in bad situations, and then save the day (like a non-linear game)?

Derrik Draven

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Chris
The last Superman game I played WAS the one on the 2600!

Freeflight mode, in this new one, sounds pretty cool. I just hope it doesn't turn out like that shitty Zone of the Enders crap. Just fly around, shoot stuff...fly some more...shoot some more...*yawn*...watch silly little story play out. The things I suffered through just to play a MGS demo.

Ike

Screenwriter
Well, the summary of the game is a cross between Ace Combat and Zone of the Enders so you may not end up liking it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks