Anybody else listen to Kenna?

Discussion in 'Music' started by MikeH1, Oct 8, 2003.

1. MikeH1

MikeH1 Screenwriter

Unreal debut. I'm really digging the tune "Freetime" on his disc New Sacred Cow. Thankfully, a good new disc to spin in the Cd player after so many misses. [​IMG]

2. Rachael B

Rachael B Producer

Rachael Bellomy
    ....you forgot to mention, like, what's it sound like???[​IMG]

3. Jeffrey Noel

Jeffrey Noel Screenwriter

Michael, I posted this same question about a month ago and not one reply. I absolutely love New Sacred Cow. It is the cd I most frequently listen to. There is not one song that I dislike. On some songs it sounds like Kenna is a band from the 80s, mainly because of their voices. But I love it!

Glad someone else enjoys Kenna!

BTW, here's my post from Sept. 15th.
    http://www.hometheaterforum.com/htfo...ighlight=kenna

4. MikeH1

MikeH1 Screenwriter

Yeah Jeffrey I think his voice is like a cross between Michael Hutchence and Howard Jones. I just picked up the disc a week ago and its growing on me fast. Very 80s but obviously new sounding. My only grief is the overuse of that synth trademark sound he has, I feel in some spots its not really needed. But whatever, I guess it keeps it fresh.

Good to know there's at least 1 other fan out there!

5. chung_sotheby

chung_sotheby Supporting Actor

Big fan. I actually got it because I am a huge fan of the Neptunes (Chad Hugo produced New Sacred Cow) and I really like Kenna and his music. I agree with Michael that sometimes the synth is a little overhearing for this type of music, but also at other times its use is really inspired and refreshing, so I guess you have to take the good with the bad. Also, Tower had it for something like $7, which is less than a Glenfiddich at a bar, so I said what the hell, why not [​IMG]