What's new

Anybody else like to see Just One of the Guys and Secret Admirer on DVD??? (1 Viewer)

David Illingworth II

Second Unit
These were two of my favorite dumb 80s teen comedies when I was very young. Wouldn't these be just ripe for Anchor Bay? By the way isn't Tawny Kitaen (y'konw from Full House) in Secret Admirer and didn't she just get arrested or something? I saw a mugshot and she looked about 50 years old. Same girl was in Bachelor Party!

John_McKittrick

Stunt Coordinator
Now there's a blast from the past. I love "just one of the guys". I can see it as one of those $12.99 releases. We have "Can't buy me love" coming. Let's get them all.

John

Jodee

Screenwriter
I love both of these movies so much.

"Secret Admirer" actually has a very clever script. The subplots with the parents were hilarious.

"Oh, Liz hasn't done that in years!"

And I also think "Just One of the Guys" is very cute. You gotta love Sherilynn Fenn hitting on Joyce Hyser.

Jodee

Screenwriter
"Just One of the Guys" is a Columbia/Tri-Star title.

"Secret Admirer" appears to be MGM. With all the catalog they are releasing I'm surprised this one is still MIA.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Tomboy and Private School aren't even out yet, and you're asking for these two? Get your priorities straight! :laugh:
Just kidding. Though I really do want Betsy Russell on DVD, I'd consider picking up Just One of the Guys. Fun little movie.

Ricardo C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ricardo C
Just One of the Guys is one of my favorite 80s movies. I would buy the DVD in a heartbeat :)

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
I'd get all 3.

Just One of the Guys

Private School(a must see if you like the other two!)

Secret Admirer

These are movies that all film buffs should have.

Micah Cohen

Screenwriter
I hate to admit it, but I STILL have daydreams (at least) of that final scene with Joyce Hyser in JUST ONE OF THE GUYS. I think that moment changed my life. I'd buy the DVD just to watch that one scene over and over and over... Freezeframe. ;)
Whatever happened to her?
Also, while we're at it, where is THE SURE THING?
MC

Christopher_H

Stunt Coordinator
Man I love JUST ONE OF THE GUYS! I've been hoping for that movie to come out on DVD ever since I got a DVD player. The VHS version was difficult enough to find and I can hope that it will eventually make it to DVD.

"If I'm not back in a week, forward my mail"

Mike_Skill

Stunt Coordinator
That wasn't Tawny Kitaen in 'Secret Admirer'/Full House. It was Lori Loughlin. Look for DVD in early 03.

-Mike

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
It was Lori Loughlin.
htf_images_smilies_yum.gif

Kelly Preston still takes the cake in that movie, but Lori is the icing, to carry the metaphor to the breaking point. :)
Summer School. Didn't I see that announced somewhere? An enjoyable little movie. And, of course, since I'm discussing beautiful women, Courtney Thorne-Smith looks exceptional in this one.

ErikG

Senior HTF Member
I love both of those movies. I anxiously await the day I can add them to my collection.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks