Anybody else a Cartoon Lover?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Eric Emma, Mar 11, 2003.

1. Eric Emma

Eric Emma Supporting Actor

I love movies in general, I just absolutly LOVE MOVIES! Watch at least 1 a day anyway, I'm 15 my grandparents are always like your too old for cartoons, watch the news or something anyone else a cartoon lover. I love cartoons, all sorts Looney Tunes, Dexter Labatory, The Simspons, Scooby Doo, PowerPuff Girls, Trigun, Family Guy, Neon Genesis Evangelion, Disney Cartoons, pretty much any cartoon... I can't think of a cartoon off the top of my head that I've hated... Anyone else a cartoon lover...

the only cartoon that come close to that I've hated, is Baby Looney Tunes becuz it so corny and Tiny Toons was better...

2. CherylWI

CherylWI Stunt Coordinator

Your never too old for cartoons. I liked cartoons so much that I wanted to become a cartoonist as I was always drawing them. I now have to be satitsfied with collecting animated dvd's.

3. Kyle McKnight

Kyle McKnight Cinematographer

Try posting this type of topic in the After Hours Lounge. While you may get the most exposure posting in the software section, threads that don't concern DVD really shouldn't be posted here.

Myself, I like Merrie Melodies, Looney Tunes, old MGM (especially Tex Avery)(sp?), and my SpongeBob! I can't get enough of the little yellow guy.

4. Rob T

Rob T Screenwriter

5. Richard Kim

Richard Kim Producer

6. Terry Hickey

Terry Hickey Second Unit

Terry Hickey
    Hey, "The Flintstones" and "Alvin & the Chipmunks" from the late 50's kept me entertained back then, and I still enjoy a good cartoon.

7. Dave Koch

Dave Koch Stunt Coordinator

Cartoons are my life. (It's not just a job- it's an adventure!)

8. Douglas_H

Douglas_H Stunt Coordinator

Here's another one for all you youngsters out there.
    Let the memories wash over you.

Yesterday Land

9. David Lambert

David Lambert Executive Producer

While the site I help at, TVShowsOnDVD.com, of course has info about many cartoon DVDs, the site you REALLY want is DVDToons.com! A treasure trove of DVDs featuring animation.

10. Eric Peterson

Eric Peterson Cinematographer

I absolutely hate when people think that cartoons are only for kids. If you could go back in time and tell that to Walt Disney, Tex Avery, or Chuck Jones, they would probably kick you in the teeth. Most old cartoons were made with a broad scope on the audience. There was always a cartoon shown before the movie in the theater (Not just kid's movies). I think the whole cartoons are for kids thing started with Saturday Morning cartoons in the 70's and the decline in quality of cartoons which started in the 60's after theaters stopped showing cartoons which caused a huge cut in budget for these features.

My name is Eric, I'm 30 years old, and I love Cartoons.

My faves are as follows.

1. Tex Avery MGM cartoons
    2. Looney Tunes
    3. Tom & Jerry (MGM years)

I also love Spongebob and my favorite animated, always has been and always will be "DUMBO"

11. Eugene Esterly

Eugene Esterly Supporting Actor

I am also a cartoon lover. My favorite cartoons are Looney Tunes, Scooby-Doo, Beavis and Butt-head, Tom and Jerry, Popeye, etc.

I have watched many cartoons during my life. The only cartoons which I watch nowadays are on Toon Disney (cartoons such as Quack Pack, Toad Patrol, Chip 'N' Dales Rescue Rangers, Bonkers, The Little Mermaid, etc.)

Your never too old for cartoons.

Right now, I own very little cartoons on DVD but that will change. Recently, I added over 200+ cartoon DVD's to my wish list at Amazon.com & DVD Aficionado.

12. Rob Gardiner

Rob Gardiner Cinematographer

"Hello, my name is Rob, I'm 30, and have been a cartoon lover my whole life."

We should form a support group!

Anyway, I love classic Disney & Looney Tunes, I always go to the Spike & Mike Festivals (both the "classic" and the sick & twisted), I love anything stop-motion (Gumby, Harryhausen movies, Chevron ads), and recently I've been discovering animated films from Japan. Take a look at the Anime Novice thread for some great recommendations. Also check out Cowboy Bebop if you have a chance. The setting is sci-fi but the characters & plots come out of gangster films & westerns, while the soundtrack is a bizarre blend of jazz, blues, surf, ska, opera, heavy metal. . . . .

13. Patrick McCart

Patrick McCart Lead Actor

Patrick McCart
    I love classic animation...and some modern animation.

Warner Bros. Animation...

Give me any Bob Clampett, Fred "Tex" Avery, or Frank Tashlin cartoon and I'll be happy. I also love the pre-1960 Robert McKimson, 1942-1950s Chuck Jones, most Arthur Davis, and many of the B&W Merrie Melodies made by Hugh Harmon and Rudolf Ising.

I just started getting into Disney animation with the Treasures sets. The classic Goofy cartoons are hillarious, the Silly Symphonies are beautiful... The Mickey cartoons are great too...B&W and the color ones.

The Fleischer Bros. Popeye cartoons are also many of my favorites... The Famous Studio ones never reached the wonderful style of their cartoons, nor reached the hillarity level. I can't say much about the Betty Boop cartoons since I have only seen a handful...the colorized versions. :|

I also love the Ub Iwerks cartoons, Yellow Submarine, and the first 5 Disney features (Snow White, Fantasia, Pinocchio, The Reluctant Dragon, and Dumbo), Don Hertzfeldt's "bitter films," and all of Winsor McCay's work.

14. Eric Emma

I've seen Cowboy Bebop some great Animation

15. Rob Lutter

Rob Lutter Producer

Cartoons are pretty much the only thing I watch nowadays... I am hopelessly addicted to the crack that is known as anime [​IMG]

My live-action movie collection was at around 200 DVDs 2 years ago... now it dwindles at just over 100 titles while anime is slowly rising every week (I am at just over 75 right now). Soon I hope to get my live-action DVDs down below 75 someday (it's hard to get rid of stuff... real hard). [​IMG]

I just think animation gets rid of so many barriers that real life (and live-action in general) give us. Much of this stuff would be too costly or even impossible to do in real life.

16. Eric Emma

Hey I be willing to buy some of your DVDs if you want....

17. Jerome Grate

Jerome Grate Cinematographer

Love anime, and somedays when I'm home with the kids and wife, she says, "can we watch some real people for a while". That says it all, I love Gargoyles wish that was out on DVD, including the intro movie.

18. Rob T

Rob T Screenwriter

19. Rob Lutter

Rob Lutter Producer

20. Ted Lee

Ted Lee Lead Actor

"Hi, my name is Ted and I'm a cartoon lover...."

yep, love em. all styles and genres.

i don't care if its cg, hand-drawn, or squiggle-vision. does it have giant robots, bizarre monsters, laughing dragons, uber-cool ninjas or sexed out demons?

it's all good!

[​IMG]