Anybody Buy the New Sevendust Today?

Discussion in 'Music' started by Evan S, Oct 7, 2003.

1. Evan S

Evan S Cinematographer

I know there aren't too many hard rock fans on this board, but they are out there. I got this today and cannot make an assessment as I have only heard like 5 tracks so far, but what I have heard so far I have liked. Will I like it as much as Animosity? Time will tell, but first impressions are positive.

2. Keith M.

Keith M. Second Unit

wow, thanks for the heads up...

Didnt know they had released a new cd!

[​IMG] [​IMG]

3. TheLongshot

TheLongshot Producer

I didn't know there was a new one either.

Course, I haven't bought Animosity yet either...

Jason

4. Tim Markley

Tim Markley Screenwriter

I picked it up yesterday from Best Buy for $9.99. Hard to beat that price. I have every one of Sevendust's CDs and like them all although my favorite is still the first one. No real opinion on the new one yet since I've also only listened to about the first 5 tracks but I definitely think that I'll like it.

5. Chet_F

Chet_F Supporting Actor

I have entered the rock arena known as Sevendust and I can say one thing.......THEY F'IN ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [​IMG] A little harder than I'm use to but it definately is good through out. I do enjoy the acoustic sets and see that the extra DVD has a few acoustic performances that I'll check out tonight.

The funny thing is that I tested out Animosity(their last CD right?) and did not care for it. But I am sucker for a $9.99 price tag and when they throw in an extra DVD I just couldn't resist. And I am not disappointed.

A side note: Also picked up the new Jet - Get Born for 6 or 7. More my style and actually prefer it too Sevendust. I'd give it a try if you like the stripped down version of ROCK N ROLL ala Black Crowes(first cd). I wish more artists would revert back to this style. I believe they are from New Zealand - you can tell by the way they sing. Here's a link:
    http://www.elektra.com/elektra/jet/f...o_2667547.html
    Check 'em out.

Chet

6. Tim Markley

Tim Markley Screenwriter

Chet - I picked up that Jet CD also. I've heard people on here talk about them and the price was just too hard to pass up. I haven't listened to it yet though so I can't give my opinion.

7. Evan S

Evan S Cinematographer