Anybody been to Cabo San Lucas

Discussion in 'After Hours Lounge (Off Topic)' started by Jim Sentry, Jan 28, 2005.

1. Jim Sentry

Jim Sentry Stunt Coordinator

We're thinking about a short vacation and Cabo has been recommended.

Anyone been there and have any tips.

Thanks
    Jim

2. Leila Dougan

Leila Dougan Screenwriter

I've only been there for an afternoon as part of a cruise. It didn't really float my boat (no pun intended) but I've heard other people rave about the place. I guess it depends on what you're planning on doing there.

3. Philip_T

Philip_T Supporting Actor

Jim,
    We went to Cabo with another couple back in December 2003 and had a pretty good time, but holy cow were there a lot of vendors. I know that for most of them, it was their livelihood and some had some interesting stuff, but there were just mobs of them at times. We went to a restaurant on the beach "The Office" and were hounded by them while we were eating. [​IMG] One girl we thought was the hostess (asking us if everything was alright, getting extra drinks, etc.) turned out to be a time share salesperson. Our hotel did have a section of the beach roped off where the vendors weren't allowed, but if you wanted to get close to the water, it was like running a gauntlet. Some would actually start running after you if you made a break for it. Aside from that, we had a pretty good time. I caught a 100lbs. yellow fin tuna on our fishing trip [​IMG] and we ate at some pretty nice resaurants (I would recommend La Giorgios (sp?)). Try to schedule dinner at sunset, the view is spectacular! The Trailer Park was nice to.
    The ocean was un-swimmable. Maybe it was the time of year, but it was pretty rough.
    I've heard that Cabo used to be alot nicer before it got over-exposed and touristy. Not that it was a hell-hole by any means when we went. Don't want to scare you away from it by any means. We had a good time down there and I'm glad we went, but when I go back to Mexico, I'll probably look for a more remote location with less vendors.
    They do have a Costco in Cabo now so you can save some money on bottled water and lunch stuff if you want. [​IMG]

4. Jim Sentry

Jim Sentry Stunt Coordinator

Philip

What hotel did you stay at.

Thanks
    Jim

5. Philip_T

Philip_T Supporting Actor

Jim,
    IIRC, I think it was the Melia Del Cabo. Fairly new resort a few miles outside of Cabo on the strip. Very nice place and reasonably priced. I think we found a deal through Costco for it.