Any Xbox Modders out there? Questions...

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Greg_TSL, Jan 26, 2003.

1. Greg_TSL

Greg_TSL Stunt Coordinator

I'm not interested in pirating Xbox games, there are only a few that fit my requirments of high-def, 16x9, rich dolby digital AND good game play, but I find the idea of keeping the games I do have on the HD intriguing...but only if they load a lot faster and eliminate disc swapping.
    I was sent this link-
    http://www.extreme-mods.com/products/xecutor2.htm
    but am wondering if what I want (extremely quick loads and no disc swapping) can be achieved this way.
    If not I won't mod my Xbox, but if so, I'm interested.
    TIA,
    Greg

2. Craig LeBlanc

Craig LeBlanc Stunt Coordinator

I'm not sure how much they will allow people to talk about this stuff here but, here's what my thoughts are:

Yes, games should load much faster from games that are backed up to the hard drive. But for most games, you will only be able to have 1 or 2 games sitting on the drive, unless you replace the original drive with something larger. Some games do copy a lot of data from the DVD to the hard drive for caching purposes...for these games, it's not going to make as much difference since it will cache from the hard drive to hard drive. So unless you are ready to throw more $ into your xbox, getting a modchip just to do this with 1 game at a time, it's probably not worth it.

3. Jeramy_K

Jeramy_K Stunt Coordinator

Also worth a note ... if you are using the XBox live service you will likely have a problem with a modded XBox. Microsoft has been banning modded XBox's since the launch of the live service. Just a FYI.

-Jeramy

4. Camp

Camp Cinematographer

I don't buy the story that "improving load times" is the reason for modding your xbox. Waiting 10 seconds between levels isn't that great of an inconvenience.

I hope the "fun" of modding is a larger part of your desire to mod.