Any XBOX games worth a look?? Very picky...

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by John B., Jul 3, 2002.

1. John B.

John B. Stunt Coordinator

I've had the system for a year now, but have only bought Halo....I've rented 3 or 4 games and was glad that's all I did.

Anything about to out soon that should be CLOSE at least, to Halo....(or close to 007 on N64 from 5 yrs ago??)....I'm hoping Turok is out soon and decent.

Thanks

2. Max Leung

Max Leung Producer

Have you tried renting Max Payne yet?

3. James Zos

James Zos Supporting Actor

I don't know how soon it is to be released, but Timesplitters 2 is geting compared to Goldeneye in some of the previews I've seen for it. There aren't too many FPS out for the Xbox right now, so your choices are limited, but that will change.

4. Travis Olson

Travis Olson Supporting Actor

Travis Olson
    Yep, Max said it. I can't recommend Max Payne enough. It is the best version out there, even superior to the PC version, mainly due to the 5.1 sound, which kicks ass by the way. Get it or at least rent it.

5. Duane Robinson

Duane Robinson Second Unit

I don't know if you're only interested in FPS, but since you didn't explicitly state that you were I'll just recommend Moto GP and Rallisport Challenge. These games match Halo in visual and aural splendor and play pretty damn good also. Plus both games support the soundtrack feature so if you just want to check that feature out any one of these games will do a good job of it. As for shooters, I'm not too big on those but from what I've seen Brute Force looks like it will be a great game for fans of the genre and Project Ego looks friggin amazing (this coming from someone who doesn't even like RPGs).

6. AlexGoodman

AlexGoodman Agent

Yeah, Timesplitters 2 has some developers who worked on Goldeneye, so it should be very good.

7. Max Leung

Max Leung Producer

8. BrianB

BrianB Producer

9. Travis Olson

Travis Olson Supporting Actor

Travis Olson

10. Dave Falasco

Dave Falasco Screenwriter

If you end up liking Max Payne, there's a similar game coming soon (next month, maybe?) called Dead to Rights. Personally, I'm really looking forward to that one.

11. walter wagers

You've owned a system for a year (that actually first hit the shelves last Nov.), and you've only bothered to sample 4 or 5 games for it? Hmmmm.......

12. Chris Gio

Chris Gio Agent

Xbox titles worth a look? Browse no further. Just check this link for updated relases and game lists: http://xbox.ign.com/games.html
    By the way, I've posted here before and have just gotten around to coming back (thanks to my good bro who is a frequent member here in the HT section, Scott Simonian, who got me to return). Welp, see all ya around the forums. [​IMG]

13. ChristopherS

ChristopherS Second Unit

I find it difficult to believe someone who owns a XBOX is not able to find 4 or 5 games worthy of renting much less purchasing! Maybe you should just sell your XBOX (as ALMOST NEW) and get yourself something you will appreciate more (either a Game Cube or a PS2).

Chris

14. Dave F

Dave F Cinematographer

15. James Zos

James Zos Supporting Actor

I've seen several reviews claim that Hunter is the next great Xbox game after Halo, and I tend to agree. Not that the two are anything alike - they aren't. But in my opinion the graphics rival or best those in Halo, and multiplayer in Hunter is just awesome. It's the only Xbox game I've ever gotten my girlfriend to play and we'll both be sad when it ends (I have heard it is a short game, but we are taking our time.)

16. Derrik Draven

Derrik Draven Supporting Actor

Chris
    I think I'm part of the few. I hated Max Payne, thought Blood Omen was boring and, got tired of the lame ass indoor levels in Spiderman so I never finished it.

You're not going to find a game quite like Halo until Halo's sequel comes out.

Hunter is pretty cool. Pretty intense but definitely worth a rent, at least.

Rallisport Challenge is "Halo level" graphics in an offroad racing game. A bit to arcadey for me but, still a great game.

There's a game that supposed to be released at the end of this month called "Enclave" that looks to be pretty damn promising! Either an FPS or 3rd person, medieval (sp?) style, ass-kicking game. Can't wait for it!

Morrowind is one of the deepest non-spikey haired rpg's on any system. Great graphics and a seriously long playing time if you like side-quests.

...or you could just buy a ps2. Many great games and tons of ones that are shit.