Any word yet on 'JEEPERS CREEPERS 2'?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Inspector Hammer!, Jul 5, 2002.

1. Inspector Hammer!

Inspector Hammer! Executive Producer

John Williamson
    Last I heard, everyone was returning for the sequel, including Gina Phillips [​IMG], and director Victor Salva.
    I loved the first one, except the end, but it's growing on me with each viewing, and can't wait to see what happens next!

2. Michael*K

Michael*K Screenwriter

Liked the first two-thirds of the movie, but hated the final third. Didn't know a sequel was planned.

3. ScottR

ScottR Cinematographer

I actually tried out for this film!! I didn't make call backs though.

4. Inspector Hammer!

John Williamson
    Scott,
    cool! Do you mean you tried out for the original, or the sequel?
    Michael,
    the first one made a lot of money, of course there's a sequel planned. [​IMG]
    I also heard that it opens the very next morning after the events of the first film with Gina Pillips' charactor Trish...
    going to look for her brother Darry, who we sadly know didn't make it.

5. Michael*K

Michael*K Screenwriter

One thing I definitely hope makes it into the sequel is that kickass truck. Very Duel-esque in appearance.

6. Bruce Hedtke

Bruce Hedtke Cinematographer

I hope they go a little farther in the costume department. The rubber suits used in the original were awful and more laugh inducing than anything.

Bruce

7. Seth Paxton

Seth Paxton Lead Actor

I also liked the first 2/3 but what a letdown at the end. They had such a creepy weird vibe going and then sold out for a sudden 10 minute action ending.

They were so much better off keeping the monster more vague, not to mention that the final battle stuff just wasn't that good. I think the kids needed to get away rather than sit there for that long. Instead it was sort of like "okay, time for the film to end".

And of course the police station thing sure seemed like Terminator.

8. Inspector Hammer!

John Williamson
    In defense of the ending of the film, I have to say that it was good given the set-up. I mean Derry and Trish were in the police station not by choice, the creeper had them trapped on the upper floors with no way to get out of the building. As for the very last scene, I was extremly disappointed, even upset with it the first couple of times I saw the movie, but the more I watch it the more it doesn't really bother me that much, because I know that the story isn't finished yet. It's going to continue in the sequel, then we'll find out what happens next. It was like a cliffhanger.

Bruce,
    coming from me, a guy who is a self proclaimed die hard critic of prosthetics and monster make-up in movies for years, I have to say that the only way to make the creeper look any better would be to get a group of the worlds top scientists together, and have them actually genetically engineer a monster that looked like that, and then teach it to read lines and hit marks! Monster's don't get any more spectacular than the creeper was IMO. Monster make-up work at it's finest in this film.

9. Seth Paxton

Seth Paxton Lead Actor

Well I loved the VERY last scene, but not the way the wrapped it up before then. It feels rather clumsy, and that also sort of shows up suddenly. Before that point there might have been a bit of the "dumb kids" cliche, but things still had a smooth flow to them.

I agree that the last things to be happening weren't inherently wrong, but something was amiss there and it felt awkward to me.

Also, the creeper in his hat/coat outfit and with his truck felt very much like a Twisted Metal: Black character.

10. Lou Sytsma

Lou Sytsma Producer

Lou Sytsma
    I'm pretty much in line with everyone else here. The first third was awesome, the middle third was good, the last third was disappointing.

It's the old problem of what one thinks is behind the door is usually scarier than what is actually behind the door.

Once we see the monster - the air goes out of the movie.

Too bad - the sequence with the drain pipe and the underground area was freakishly well done! The loud caw of the crows drove me crazy. Not to forget the harsh and loud horn from the truck.

A sequel would have a hard time building up the same atmosphere as the first. We've seen the creature so any suspense about what is behind everything won't be there.

11. Ushabye

Ushabye Projectionist

Paul
    "JEEPERS CREEPERS 2: LIKE A BAT OUT OF HELL"

is the current full title of the sequel believe it or not. I have say I like the final 30 seconds. That last shot, very simple and effective - and creepy. Considering its financial success, I dont hold out much hope for the quality of the following sequels. It seems that the financial restrictions of the budget really helped the creativity of the original.

12. Michael*K

Michael*K Screenwriter

13. Duane Robinson

Duane Robinson Second Unit

Like nearly everyone else I loved the first 2/3 of this film and was genuinely scared by it, which is a huge compliment since horror movies are basically like comedy to me. But once the creature was revealed it all went to hell for me. That thing was just retarded looking, I've seen better creature effects on Farscape. That creature was so corny looking that I actually got mad at the movie for actually working so well in the beginning and then dropping this atrocity on me. I actually laughed out loud when I saw it and when the creature flew off with the boy
    I damn near bust a gut laughing it was so funny. I liked the last shot and the ending of the movie though so I would actually give a sequel a shot.

14. Steve Clark

Steve Clark Second Unit

This was a surprisingly creepy movie, in the same vain as Pumpkinhead. The corny ending, where nobody could save the boy, including the police, his sister and the psychic, did not ruin this movie for me. It was the "dumb kids" cliche as someone else noted and the stupid psychic. Upon repeated viewings I keep asking myself why did those kids do this or why didn't they do that.

15. ScottR

ScottR Cinematographer

I tried out for the sequel.

16. Michael*K

Michael*K Screenwriter

17. Inspector Hammer!

John Williamson
    Michael,
    Scott was just answering my question about which film he tried out for, the original or the sequel.

18. cafink

cafink Producer

Carl Fink