Any word on when the George Reeves Adventures of Superman TV series will be released?

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by Carlos Garcia, Nov 12, 2004.

1. Carlos Garcia

Carlos Garcia Screenwriter

Early this year, it was mentioned that the 50s "Adventures of Superman" with George Reeves was being worked on for release either in 2005 or 2006, but I haven't heard anything new. Anyone heard any new news on this show coming to DVD? This one is a MUST OWN on my nostalgic 50s classics list!

2. JoSAN

JoSAN Second Unit

3. Steve...O

Steve...O Producer

Steve
    I agree with JoSAN, I will gladly wait on this because I know Warners will do a bang up job with it.

I hope that all the episodes still exist in their unedited form. Various Superman websites have indicated that the Columbia House subscription tapes occasionally have edits on them.

Jack Larson and Noel Neill are not only still alive, but active so I hope that some arrangement can be made to include them in some capacity.

Steve

4. Voon Jiet

Voon Jiet Stunt Coordinator

Voon
    There going to be a film about George Reeves life/death called Truth, Justice and the American Way due in 2006, although I am not sure if this is officially confirmed.

Seems like 2006 might be a good time to launch the DVD boxset for the Adventures of Superman TV series, especially since the new Superman film by Bryan Singer will be out in the summer of 2006.

5. David Lambert

David Lambert Executive Producer

I'm reasonably sure that the restoration of those episodes will be coincidentally completed just in time to launch the DVDs when the new film is ready. :wink:

6. Casey Trowbridg

Casey Trowbridg Lead Actor

If David is correct, and there is no good reason he shouldn't be as a tie in would just make sense...I heard the film would be out in 2006 so that's probably when we'll get the series, which is also very high on my wishlist for shows.

7. Carlos Garcia

Carlos Garcia Screenwriter

Well, if they're going to wait that long to release the series, I hope they at least give us extras that include interviews with Noel Neill, Jack Larson and Phyllis Coates, as well as commentary tracks on selected episodes.