What's new

Any word on WarGames SE? (1 Viewer)

Now that we have Tron...

The next classic early 80's computer related movie that needs a Special Edition treatment is:

WARGAMES

My biggest gripe with the current version is that it is non-anamorphic and the picture quality is quite lacking.

Anyone else with me here?

DannyS

Second Unit
BRING IT ON, AND BLUE THUNDER TOO! THAT WAY, BADHAM'S TECHNOLOGY TRILOGY IS COMPLETE!

Michael Taylor

Stunt Coordinator
War Games is one of the films I loved as a child. I thought the computerized voice saying, "Shall we play a game?" was so cool!

I have been burned so many times by purchasing a favorite title and then the SE comes out months later. That's why I now refuse to buy many of my favorite movies. I am waiting for the SE...War Games is one of them!

Aryn Leroux

Screenwriter
As much as i love se's and the extra's the movie comes first to me. So i would buy the movie bare bones if its one i love because i don't have the patience to wait for the se. Then i would hope to upgrade at a later time :)

paul o'donnell

Second Unit
As with so many movies, its on my "to buy" list, but the fact that its non-anamorphic means it gets pushed down the list in favor of well mastered editions of other films.

I don't really need features, just a sound transfer and good original audio and im there. I want this, used to watch it as a kid a heck of a lot.

ZacharyTait

Senior HTF Member
I haven't seen anything on a SE of this title, but word came out last month that MGM will begin production on a sequel next month. I got this from DavisDVD, in their May 2005 archives, about 2/3 of the way down.

Assuming this comes out in theaters, I would hope that they release a SE of the original day and date with the DVD of the sequel.

MikeEckman

Screenwriter
A sequel???? You've got to be kidding me. I could see a remake, but not a sequel. Geesh.
But to stay on topic, I, too, would love to see an SE of this title. I actually own a CED of this movie and I like watching it on that because of the "old technology" flair that CEDs have. It just seems to suit this movie well. :D

Frank@N

Screenwriter
I have been burned so many times by purchasing a favorite title and then the SE comes out months later.
That's true, but when a good movie hits $6-$7 you just buy it.

Think it also comes with a nice booklet like most early MGM releases, so you can carry that over to the next release.

I'm also of the opinion that packaging is going downhill (cheaper, smaller).

If I do buy HD versions later, I might end up putting them in my larger DVD cases with booklets.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation199
Recent bookmarks