1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Any word on U2 Elevation DTS?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by greg_t, Jan 20, 2002.

1. greg_t

greg_t Screenwriter

A thread about two weeks ago said that there may be a DTS version of the U2 Elevation DVD. I saw on the dvdempire website that they have a release date of 1/22/02 for the elevation dvd but did not specify if it is DTS. Does anyone have any new information about the dts version such as a release date?

Greg

2. KevinJ

KevinJ Supporting Actor

i'm pretty sure 1/22/02 is the date for the elevation DTS dvd

3. Colin Jacobson

Colin Jacobson Lead Actor

4. greg_t

greg_t Screenwriter

I would also think someone would have some info about it. I've looked all over the web and so far haven't found anything confirming a release date. I guess I'll just have to go to best buy on Tues. and see if they have anything. If I find out anything, I'll post it here. Thanks for the responses.

Greg

5. Colin Jacobson

Greg, there IS information about it - it's just that no official release date has been announced. If you find a DTS version of Elevation anywhere on Tuesday, I'll eat a bug - it's not coming out yet, and no official release date has been issues...

6. MikeM

MikeM Screenwriter

Are you guys talking about a DTS DVD-Audio version of the tour, or an actual DTS DVD-Video version?

Also, if they are going to release this in DTS, any word on whether the DTS version will be widescreen? I'd really like an anamorphic widescreen version.

7. Colin Jacobson

8. Clint B

Clint B Second Unit

As it is now several weeks after this thread was posted, I'm reviving the question. Has any new news come out within the last month or so about this?

9. greg_t

greg_t Screenwriter

Anyone have any new info on the possible DTS release of the "Elevation" dvd? I've been holding off getting this in the hopes of a dts/pcm release, but haven't heard anything new or about any possible release date. Do any of you guys in the know (Ron, Colin, Jeff) possibly have any new info on if this is still going to happen or not? Thanks.