What's new

Any word on the quality of the french 'Amelie' transfer! (1 Viewer)

Paul_D

Senior HTF Member
Really want this one. Anyone know of any reviews on trasfer quality for the French release which came out in December?

Didier

Agent
The technical quality of the Amelie DVD is very good, some compression defaults can be noticed on a very few sequences, but overall it is excellent.

Please notice that the special limited edition in a metal case which was issued in December is likely difficult to get now, but the cheaper standard edition is now available.

Didier.

ChristopherM

Stunt Coordinator
The French Magazine "Les Annees Laser" also gave this a rave review. It's also worth noting that the "standard" non-tin edition has quite a few extras.

However, Paul, how good is your French? There are no English subtitles on the France R2 editions.

Paul_D

Senior HTF Member
However, Paul, how good is your French? There are no English subtitles on the France R2 editions.
I don't speak a word! :D But believe it or not, (thinking about it, this does sound pretty stupid) I can watch it, even without understanding the dialogue! :D I saw it a couple of times in the cinema that I basically know what they're saying all the time anyway!
Also, theres so much imagery and beautiful cinematography to keep your mind occupied, who needs to listen! :D
Edit: there are way too many big grins in this post! :D

Chad B.

Second Unit
I ordered Amelie and Brotherhood of the Wolf despite not knowing any French either. The collector's cases were just too good to pass up. :emoji_thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks