What's new

any word on the new denon players? (1 Viewer)

Robert Cowan

Supporting Actor
the new denon players (the 1910, 2910, and 3910) are supposed to be out in august... i havent even seen my buying department order them yet, and i cant get a call back from my denon rep :frowning:

anyone hear anything about them, or when they will come out? im probably going to get rid of my 2200 and get the 2910, just because i never keep anything more than a year :rolleyes

Shane Martin

Senior HTF Member
The local Ultimate electronics told me August or early September but they haven't ordered any either.

Robert Cowan

Supporting Actor
Kevin,

do you have any more info? i dont visit AVS, so is there anything that can help me? i dont need specs, i just want to know if people have seen them yet.

Kevin C Brown

Senior HTF Member
I think I remember that the 3910 is supposed to be out mid-Aug, and the 2910 in Sept. 3910 has iLink, 2910 doesn't. I try to post some links.

They *say*, that the 3910 is actually supposed to be a replacement for the 5900, and that the 5910 will be another huge step up in performance when it comes out in Jan.

Robert Cowan

Supporting Actor
yeah. i heard all those things. features im familiar with, im just curious about release dates. like i said before, i change my equipment all the time (i have the upgrade bug all the time). im just entertaining a new player for the hell of it. the 2910 looks decent.

the more i look at them though, the less interested i get in them. the 2910 and the 3910 dont seem too "high end" to me. they are light machines and dont appear to be built all that ruggedly. maybe ill just get the dvd-2900 for now? i want a better player, but the options seem pretty limited. the 5900 would be nice, but its a bit too much for my budget.

Shane Martin

Senior HTF Member
Not in the current grand scheme of things. Most players are weighing in the 5-7 lb variety if you are lucky. Most are even lighter.

Kevin C Brown

Senior HTF Member
The 3910 is reputed to have the same DACs and analog output stage as the 5900. Just not the individual power supplies or extensive shielding. Still weighs more than the 59AVi. ;)

Rob- There's also the Marantz 9500, Onkyo/Integra 1000/10.5 coming, and I'm also keeping my eyes peeled for the successor to the Yamaha 2300. Might depend on what you have now in terms of what you want to wait to get.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks