What's new

Any word on the "I Love Lucy" series? (1 Viewer)

Chris Moreau

Stunt Coordinator
If I remember correctly, the first of these were to be released in the spring. Spring's almost over, yet I have yet to see one. Does anyone have any recent information?
Thanks,
Chris

Dylan Davis

Stunt Coordinator
I was solicited by Columbia House to join the "I Love Lucy" DVD club.
So I did about 2 months ago.
A few weeks after that, I got notice that they were out of stock.
I haven't gotten any more notices from them.
I wish they would hurry up!
Dylan

Gabe D

Senior HTF Member
Has anybody received an "I Love Lucy" DVD from Columbia House? I got the same "out of stock" notice. That was a long time ago.
-Gabe

Dylan Davis

Stunt Coordinator
Give the customer service # a call. I did and a very nice lady told me that my application expired because they were out of stock so long. She re-instated it, and I recieved my first disc a week later.
Sorry, I dont have the number with me.
Dylan

Brian W

Stunt Coordinator
Dylan-
After reading this -I just joined the CH DVD Lucy club online. How is the first disc, what 3 episodes are included, how is the quality, any features? I didn't see any specifics in the description they have online.
Thanks!
Brian
[Edited last by Brian W on August 01, 2001 at 10:59 AM]

Brian W.

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brian
The Lucy DVD Club is now available to join on the net at the Columbia House website, under TV Series. No episodes info is listed, but I just found this info at Lucyfan.com. It's dated July 16, but I would think that the episode lineup for the DVDs is acccurate:
"As mentioned earlier, each DVD will include 4 episodes of the series in order of original broadcast. The first disc includes, "Cuban Pals," "The Freezer," "Lucy Does a TV Commercial," and "The Publicity Agent." (They wanted the first one to include Vitameatavegamin!) Disc 2 then will go back and include the pilot, plus "The Girls Want to Go to a Nightclub," "Be a Pal" and "The Diet."
[Edited last by Brian W. on September 07, 2001 at 08:10 PM]

Kyle McKnight

Senior HTF Member
Actually, people already have these disc's. There are reviews of them in the newsgroup alt.tv.ilovelucy I'll try and find them later tonight, or you can just search at googlenews.
------------------
Kyle³
------------------
Yahoo Messenger - digitalkyle

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Any idea when/if these will be made available to non-CH members? I don't care to join up with them yet again! :)
But I want my Lucy!
------------------
DAVE/Memphis
Widescreen is Family Fun!
FamilyWidescreen_ws.jpg

John Torrez

Second Unit
Barely 4 episodes a disc? Why don't they release them season by season?
------------------
"They're all gonna laugh at you!"

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks