What's new

Any Word on the Forthcoming Norah Jones SACD? (1 Viewer)

Evan S

Senior HTF Member
A while back somebody (Lee?) posted that Blue Note was going to start releasing some back catalog titles from their collection on SACD. (Art Blakey, Cannonball Adderly, etc.). Well, I e-mailed them to see if they were going to release the new Norah Jones on SACD, as I've very interested in getting it, but if it's going to be on SACD, I can wait as I very rarely get both the redbook and SACD versions if they are released on both...I just go for the SACD.

About 6 weeks ago the reply I got confirmed a future release and simply stated that it was "coming". A quick check of the Blue Note website revealed no new info on this release. Anyone in the know regarding this one (or any other Blue Note releases for that matter?). Thanks.

Lee Scoggins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lee
Evan,
There were some requests on Blue Note's bulletin board. And I have read from respectable people on the Audio Asylum that 6 Super Audios are in the works. That's about all I know. I would very much like the Norah Jones album. I love it and I think it was very popular.
I think Tom on the bulletin board's replies is the one to watch. And keep an eye on Moura at AA and High Fidelity Review.
:)

Emil Stoica

Second Unit
So far the only confirmed titles are:

John Coltrane - Blue Train
Bob Belden - Black Dahlia

There should be a total of 6 titles at the start. More info should be coming mid September.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks