What's new

Any word on Speed Racer Volume 3? (1 Viewer)

Brook K

Senior HTF Member
I've enjoyed both Speed Racer sets from Artisan, and my son loves 'em, so we're anxiously awaiting Volume 3. IIRC, Vol. 1 came out in April '03 and Vol. 2 April '04, so has there been any news or rumors about a Volume 3?

Travis W.

Second Unit
Artisan has a habit of releasing their TV sets yearly so I'd expect a volume 3 in April. They seem to be doing this with Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles as well.

Jeffrey Nelson

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jeffrey Nelson

Unfortunately, Artisan also has a habit of releasing crappy Speed Racer DVDs. The original opening and closing credits have been effed-up with redone video credits (no more Trans-Lux logo) and also suffer from bizarre frame-dragging/strobing, perhaps from a rotten PAL-to-NTSC conversion job; additionally, many of the episodes have been time-compressed, resulting in the characters sounding like they're on a bit of helium. I bet Season 3 will be more of the same crap. Chuck the rubber-tire and musical sleeves and save the money for proper transfers, for chrissakes. I wonder if the way-out-of-print limited-edition collector's DVDs of Speed Racer were any better? I would hope so...Artisan's are horrible. But, they are better than nothing, I suppose. Barely. Sigh...

Brook K

Senior HTF Member
I know the DVD's are nothing great, but at least they only cost about $1 per episode.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks