Any word on Speed Racer Volume 3?

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Brook K, Feb 10, 2005.

1. Brook K

Brook K Lead Actor

I've enjoyed both Speed Racer sets from Artisan, and my son loves 'em, so we're anxiously awaiting Volume 3. IIRC, Vol. 1 came out in April '03 and Vol. 2 April '04, so has there been any news or rumors about a Volume 3?

2. Travis W.

Travis W. Second Unit

Artisan has a habit of releasing their TV sets yearly so I'd expect a volume 3 in April. They seem to be doing this with Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles as well.

3. Jeffrey Nelson

Jeffrey Nelson Screenwriter

Jeffrey Nelson

Unfortunately, Artisan also has a habit of releasing crappy Speed Racer DVDs. The original opening and closing credits have been effed-up with redone video credits (no more Trans-Lux logo) and also suffer from bizarre frame-dragging/strobing, perhaps from a rotten PAL-to-NTSC conversion job; additionally, many of the episodes have been time-compressed, resulting in the characters sounding like they're on a bit of helium. I bet Season 3 will be more of the same crap. Chuck the rubber-tire and musical sleeves and save the money for proper transfers, for chrissakes. I wonder if the way-out-of-print limited-edition collector's DVDs of Speed Racer were any better? I would hope so...Artisan's are horrible. But, they are better than nothing, I suppose. Barely. Sigh...

4. Brook K

Brook K Lead Actor

I know the DVD's are nothing great, but at least they only cost about $1 per episode.

5. Joe:C

Joe:C Second Unit

Volume three would also complete the original series.