What's new

Any Word on Release Date for Count of Monte Cristo? (1 Viewer)

Scott-C

Supporting Actor
I don't know if I spelled it right, but oh well...you get the point. I haven't heard anything on a release date for this movie on DVD and I really enjoyed it. Has anyone heard anything? Release date? DVD specs?

Thanks!

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
NO SPECS yet, but the release date is Sept 3rd
suppose to be a BIG special Edition I heard.

I'm buying it on release date.

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Go find the BRAVO version - 4 discs, 2hrs per disc with Gerard Depardeux as Edmond Dantes. FAR better, and at least mostly true to the book (French dialoge, Eng subtitles). Excellent series.:emoji_thumbsup:

Randy A Salas

Screenwriter
Go find the BRAVO version - 4 discs, 2hrs per disc with Gerard Depardeux as Edmond Dantes. FAR better...
Right. That doesn't negate that many people like the recent film, which was exceedingly well done for a 2-hour adaptation. (One would hope that an 8-hour version would be more faithful to the book.) The movie, after all, is the subject of this thread.

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
The movie, after all, is the subject of this thread.
This is the software forum, not the movie forum...so there is nothing wrong with me mentioning the Bravo version, which, amazingly enough, has the same title as this thread and the recent movie.

The Bravo version is well done, and does justice to a great piece of literature. It is a very long book, and even at 8hrs, the screenplay still needed to be shortened some.

Nor did I say at any point that the recent version was crap. I prefer the Bravo version.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks