What's new

Any word on Princess and the Warrior? (1 Viewer)

Doug R

Supporting Actor
Since this movie apparently will never play near me, has there been any rumblings on when this might appear on DVD? Is it out in any region yet? I would think it would be out in the US by Christmas but I haven't heard a word yet.
Thanks
Doug
------------------

Tony Aguila

Stunt Coordinator
Netflix is taking reservations on this title, and they show it as arriving November 2001. They must know something to be able to do this.
Then, again, I have rented at least one DVD from them that's not out in the market yet.
Go figure.
Tony Aguila

Lawrence Davis

Stunt Coordinator
It comes out in Germany on Oct 4th. No English subtitles. The R1 DVD will have a commentary track with Tom Tykwer, Franka Potente and Benno Fürmann. This commentary won't be on the German disc. I don't know when the R1 version will be released, but it will probably be a product of Sony Pictures Classics, like Run Lola Run was.
[Edited last by Lawrence Davis on September 06, 2001 at 08:41 PM]

Doug R

Supporting Actor
Lawrence, how did you hear about the commentary?
thanks!
Doug
------------------

Doug R

Supporting Actor
Thanks Lawrence!
I can't imagine R1 will get a 2-disc set of this non-mainstream film.. but man I'm hoping.
I just hope it makes it in R1 by Christmas.
------------------

Scott H

Supporting Actor
Last night I did happen to notice that Amazon now has a page for it, though no date/no pre-order.
'tis my favorite film of the year, thus far.
------------------
My DVD Library
Runaway production? No thanks. Where I've filmed, benefiting local economies: AL, CA, ID, IL, IN, IA, KS, MN, MO, MT, NV, OH, OR, TX, WA, WY.

MichaelPe

Screenwriter
It just came out in theaters here in Montreal today. I guess I'll follow your recommendations and go see it! :)

Lawrence Davis

Stunt Coordinator
Hi Doug,
I am also anticipating this release on DVD. It's one of my favorite films of the year. I doubt the R1 will be a 2 disc release with DTS. Oh well. By the way, the soundtrack is great and contains songs inspired by the film, as opposed to songs that were just "inserted" into it, like you have in most soundtracks.

Jeff Wright

Auditioning
Michael,
Who's the distributor in Montreal? The distributor who puts out Sony Picture Classics' films here in Canada, went bankrupt earlier this year, so I thought there'd be no chance of seeing it until DVD.
Jeff

Jason Whyte

Screenwriter
The distributor who puts out Sony Picture Classics' films here in Canada, went bankrupt earlier this year
Blackwatch? Surprised they would since they distributed Crouching Tiger in Canada this year.
Man, that explains things. This is my most anticipated film of 2001; I've been waiting for this film for eons. Perhaps I'll get a friend at the Sidney theater to contact Alliance to get their mits on a print of Princess.....or just wait for the disc later this year.
frown.gif

Jason
------------------
Link Removed
[email protected] ICQ: 16733922 I Am Jack's DVD List
"Look, I'm Mrs. Hitler!" Rat Race
Film Critic, Link Removed

Omer M

Stunt Coordinator
First things first, sorry for not being able to add any Region 2 titles lately, I'd been flooded with biz matters.
as for the Princess & The Warrior, or in its German variant: 'Der Krieger und die Kaiserin', the upcoming October 4th 2 disc-set will feature a 2.35 PAL anamorphic widescreen transfer (make sure your system support PAL viewing system) as well as both DD5.1 and DTS German audio tracks (no English audio track)... so, another title denied from the English only speakers ? Fear NOT. the title will include both English and German subtitles.
supplements wise, the first feature disc will ostentatiously feature 2 audio commentaries, one with director Tom Tykwer and the 2nd with Frank Griebe and Mathilde Bonnefoy. Disc 2 will sport a making-of featurette, a few deleted scenes, Special effects making-of, Pale 3 feat. Skin music video 'You can't find peace' and a making-of, storyboard-film comparison, a teaser-trailer, bios and filmos.
I will try to find the time and add a review in the next couple of weeks.
Take good care,
Omer

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks