Any word on Paradigm Studio V.3?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by jay lemons, Sep 27, 2002.

1. jay lemons

jay lemons Agent

I was just wondering if there was any more word on the Studio line coming out with a V.3. I read a few weeks back that they would come out in October. Is this still the case?

2. Matt Parnell

Matt Parnell Agent

Some of the v.3 line is already out, I know my CC-370 that I bought a couple months ago is.

3. Daryl Furkalo

Daryl Furkalo Second Unit

Maybe something will be official now that CEDIA is here? I hope the price rumours aren't true though. Doubling the price and removing the V2 line would be unfortunate. Maybe Paradigm will give it a new name too?

4. RobertW

RobertW Supporting Actor

cc 370 is the monitor line, where the v3 has been out for a while. i still know nothing about a new version 3 studio.

5. Greg_R

Greg_R Screenwriter

Greg
    According to the Paradigm rep (on AVS) there are no current plans for a V.3 of the Studio line. There is a Servo-25 in the works (but no release date has been published). There is a V.3 version of the Monitor line (CC-370, etc.) now available...

6. Tony Genovese

Tony Genovese Supporting Actor

Now would this be the same rep that said the powered series wouldn't be discontinued and then they were (like days later)? Paradigms reps will protect product in the pipeline telling you the current line will not be replaced just as they are loading the new line onto the trucks. At least that's been my experience.

7. james e m

james e m Second Unit

I am also very interested in this. Is there a Paradigm rep at Cedia? Has anyone cornered him or her for some information on the Stuio v3?
    James

8. BobRoulier

BobRoulier Second Unit

I agree with tony, even if something is in the works and the company is still doing r&d they probably don't want to spill the beans just yet, plus that would kind of screw the dealers with the current stock!
    Lets face it paradigm is very good speaker manufacturer and have proven they can make great speakers for the money obviously they must continue to improve their products to compete with the currant market and technology. It may be a v-3 of the studio series or a different series to compete with higher end speaker manufactures. Either way I will continue to enjoy my studio 100s v2 and if the company comes out with a more improved line I will not hesitate to jump all over it[​IMG]
    Bob

9. Chas_T

Chas_T Supporting Actor

Bill VanderMarel, Director of Sales & Marketing, Paradigm was the guest on the AVS forum.
    I am not defending Paradigm. However, I own Studio 100's/40/20/Reference center.
    I am sure as you all know purely from a business perspective, excess old product inventory is loss of profit when introducing a new product line. Timing a new product into the marketplace is essential in supply chain management to maximize potential profits from old product inventory. Let the cat out of the bag, you may lose a large amount of money.
    Here is the link to the AVS thread which addresses a multitude of questions.
    http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...hreadid=134959
    This was Bill's comment on the Active Series in June/02.

10. Tony Genovese

11. Matt Parnell

Matt Parnell Agent

Oops, you're right, I should read posts more carefully. :b

12. Chas_T

Chas_T Supporting Actor

Tony,
    It's not unusual for Gary NOT to provide information on upcoming product releases or discontinuation of a product line as he is in tech support, not Sales and Marketing. My past experience tells me that tech support and Sales and Marketing are not always on the same page anyway.
    Besides, even if Gary knew about this event or any other, most companies put the handcuffs on their employees in this situation, unless they are given permission to reveal the changes. Internal memo's and all that corporate stuff are released of course to provide the information to employees. I know I did not get one!! [​IMG] There is always a bigger fish in the sea and specific legal constraints when being hired as an employee if you disclose confidential info.
    Also, the date on the avs post you've noted is 11-6-01. Perhaps a decision was made after that time frame to discontinue the Active speaker line? I don't know when the decision was made to discontinue the Active Series. The Director of Sales & Marketing's comments were on 6/02.
    In the past Gary's been very helpful to me from a technical perspective. I've chatted with him on the phone numerous times plus exchanged mails and he was always willing to assist in solving my problem or question.

13. Tony Genovese

This thread is about whether Paradigm is about to release a new series. My point simply is to take any comment from Paradigm denying the imminent release of a new series with several tons of salt. Paradigm will not tell you the truth. Now they certainly have commercial interests to be less than truthful, but that's a different point entirely.
    When the rumor regarding the actives started that they would be discontinued, Brian Florian, the insider, had it on high authority that they would not. Two months later they were. Draw your own conclusions.
    See this thread:
    http://www.hometheaterforum.com/htfo...=&pagenumber=3
    And then this one:
    http://www.hometheaterforum.com/htfo...m+discontinued
    Now contrast Paradigm with Sherbourn. I recently bought a 5/1500A amp. I spoke with the owner, Ron Fone. Ron was nice enough to tell me that the release of a new amp, that matches his new pre/pro, was in the pipeline and that I might want to wait to buy that. The 5/1500A was about to be discontinued. That's honesty. Paradigm's track record on this issue leads me to believe that honesty is not at the top of their list, particularly with regard to informing prospective consumers as to what's about to happen.

14. Matt Meyer

Matt Meyer Stunt Coordinator

From what I could get at cedia is that the v.3 studio line will be improved but not as much as we thought, They had the new Signature series on display which is a step up from the reference line, or so they say. It has the rounded rear like a Diva and its speakers look just like B&W even down to the bullet thingy on the mid-range. They looked very nice and sounded nice as well. I was told that they were 8-9 months out yet. So I wouldn't count on the new studio info to be much before that.

Matt

15. james e m

james e m Second Unit

Matt...
    Thanks a lot for the update! Did they happen to mention the release date or how much more they would cost?
    Thanks...
    James

16. Matt Meyer

Matt Meyer Stunt Coordinator

No news on the studios but the Signature 200s they had there were 6k. They had what would be like a 40 and a 20 size but didn't have prices. They said 8 or 9 months for release.

Matt

17. James Bergeron

James Bergeron Supporting Actor

18. Chas_T

Chas_T Supporting Actor