Any word on our Columbia/TriStar OAR petition?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Chauncey_G, Aug 12, 2002.

1. Chauncey_G

Chauncey_G Second Unit

Just curious if there was ever any response as a result of this. I'm still wishing I could buy a copy of A Midnight Clear! Not gonna happen until they get it right, though.
    Thanks for any info!

2. David Lambert

David Lambert Executive Producer

It obviously had no effect, as today they just announced MAR versions of Toy Soldiers and Return to Blue Lagoon...which I just got through posting about in the ongoing thread about Columibia MAR releases.

3. Andy_MT

Andy_MT Second Unit

hope all gone [​IMG]

4. MikeEckman

MikeEckman Screenwriter

Yeah, I sent them a very well written letter with links to the petition and I didnt so much as even get a thank you for contacting us email...they just flat out ignored me. I dont know who I hate more, Columbia with their MAR releases and total disregard for customer concern, or Buena Vista for their stance on MAR and their inability to do a proper press release...

5. GaryEA

GaryEA Second Unit

Have you guys written snail mail along with your emails and petition?
    It might have zero effect (a shame) but the actual receiving of physical mail may sway their opinions. In this age of email and quick petitions, it's easy to dismiss them (read: ignore), even if they're legit.
    I know I'm probably stating obvious, but I thought I'd offer at least this much.
    Thanks for putting in the effort and I hope it yields results! [​IMG]
    -g

6. Kyle McKnight

Kyle McKnight Cinematographer

DAMNIT, not Toy Soldiers. I was looking forward to that one finally coming to disc. Whoever is responsible for this and for 'Perfect' is nuts...
    edit Dave, where did you read about Toy Soldiers. My two main sites to check are the bits and the file...neither have reported it. I'd just like a link to send to people when I rant about it, and for my site ;P

7. Rain

Rain Producer

Since sending a hard copy of the petition (and being directly asked for feedback on the matter), now several months ago, I have received absolutely no word whatsoever from Columbia TriStar.

Nobody else has reported receiving any feedback to their letters either as far as I know.

I interpret this to mean that they don't care. So all we can do is vote with our dollars and continue to boycott non-OAR DVDs (or, as I like to call them, coasters).

8. David Lambert

David Lambert Executive Producer

As with all information of this sort, I get it directly from the studio involved, from their spec sheets. Bits and File will report it soon enough, methinks. In this case, I actually saw pictures of the back of their boxes! [​IMG]

9. SteveA

SteveA Supporting Actor

Toy Soldiers is pan-and-scan? Damn! That movie was filmed in the town I grew up in back in 1990 and quite a few guys I knew were extras in the film. I'm sure a few of them will find that they've been pan-and-scanned right out of the movie!