What's new

Any word on more ONCE AND AGAIN? (1 Viewer)

Jeff Ulmer

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
I'm thoroughly enjoying the first season, and wondered if anyone had heard about seasons 2 or 3 coming out? I'd never heard of this show until looking into the creators of MSCL. Another great series so far.

Jeff Ulmer

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
I've managed to plow through this series over the past few days, with only four more eps left to go. I really hope they come out with the remaining two seasons in short order.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
It's excellent, isn't it?
Unfortunately, no word from BV on when we'll see more. In fact, the next TV-on-DVD release I can think of from them is The Best Of The Power Rangers!

Jeff Ulmer

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Yes, it is excellent, and I never would have discovered it without figuring out who produced it. I never watched thirtysomething when it was on air, but with O&A and MSCL under my belt, I expect a certain level of excellence from that MGM series too.

Joel C

Screenwriter
So is the same true for Felicity? I read somewhere that JJ Abrhams said in an interview that S2 of Felicity would be out sometime in April or May and would include some actual features this time (I guess the first set sold well enough).

Jeff Ulmer

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Speaking of Felicity...is this series any good? After MSCL and O&A in the past three weeks, I'm on a serial drama kick here. I've never seen Felicity (I don't watch TV except for hockey), so is that in any way the same vein as O&A?

Joel C

Screenwriter
Jeff-

I know you love MSCL almost as much as you love anime, and I think Felicity is comparable to MSCL. Except instead of focusing on adolescent angst, it focuses on the uncertainty of the college years. The premise involves a girl who ditches her parent's plans that she go to Stanford and become a doctor. Instead, she follows a boy to New York, despite the fact that she doesn't know much more about him than what he wrote in her yearbook.

I'm not suggesting that it is the equal of the former show (few things are), but it is very good in its own right. Felicity is a charming heroine, and the supporting cast is quite endearing.

Considering you can buy the box set for around $50 Canadian, I'd say it isn't much of a risk. If I had to rank them, I'd put it behind MSCL, but slightly ahead of OaA, just in terms of personal preference. Though I will say that Felicity features much more humor than either of those series (fairly low key, character based humor, mind you).

Also, it is in syndication, so you could check if it is airing near you and try to catch an episode. Though you really should start with the pilot with a series like this.

Jeff Ulmer

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Thanks Joel. While I do enjoy anime a lot, shows like MSCL and O&A with real human dynamics would easily rate above it. I'll check out Felicity, I wasn't sure if it was another Friends type show, which I don't mind, but don't really need to own.

Robert Ringwald

Senior HTF Member
dvdfile.com says season 3 of OAA is filmed widescreen, other than that, full-frame is correct.
Felicity also has a lot of voice overs, like MSCL. The shows really are similar in many ways I think.
The line about Angela and how everyone has sex, is said very similarly by Felicity in season 1. ;)

Jeff Ulmer

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Alright, I've watched the first Felicity, and while not bad, it hasn't grabbed me yet.

Finished O&A last night, and am now very anxious for season two ASAP.

Jeff Ulmer

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Just finished the first disc of Felicity, and it's getting better. It was interesting to see Krackow from MSCL as Zach, and note that Snuffy Walden did the music for this series too (also did O&A, thirtysomething and MSCL).

Joel C

Screenwriter
You'll likely be surprised by the arc of Krakow's character over the next few episodes. Glad you are enjoying it a little bit more.

Robert Ringwald

Senior HTF Member
Jeff, I just realized last night that it was Kracow on felcity too. :) I was like "It's brain kracow!" my mom was like.. no, that's the pink guy.
lol

Jeff Ulmer

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Yeah, it's Brain! Interesting story arc, but not very realistic in its resolution IMO.

Joel C

Screenwriter
Actually, I had a friend who had the exact same thing happen to her, with the exact same resolution. It was handled very well, I thought.

It was actually hard to watch a second time, remembering what had happened to my friend.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks