What's new

Any word on "Married With Children" season DVD's? (1 Viewer)

Russell B

Stunt Coordinator
I am hoping there will eventually be some Married With Children season discs announced. Best comedy show of the 80's and 90's.

Jared M

Stunt Coordinator
i hope and dream that 1 day my fav show will be completely released on dvd. hopefully my petition will do some good convincing.

Brian Harnish

Screenwriter
Jared- Where's your petition? I'll gladly sign it as Married With Children is one of my favorite shows of all time.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
This series is currently ranked 14th in the voting over at TVShowsOnDVD.com, with 94% of the voters wanting season sets!
I am among that group! For a looooong time, my signature had a pic of Al Bundy in it...so much so that many HTFers still picture me as "Al"! :)
I'll sign your petition, too, Jared. But I think the key thing here is that right now Columbia - who owns the rights to this series - is concentrating on kid's stuff (Clifford The Big Red Dog, The Muppet Show, Jackie Chan Adventures, Bear In The Big Blue House, and JayJay the Jetplane) and their classic TV shows from the 70's & early 80's (All In The Family, The Jeffersons, Sanford & Son, Larry Sanders Show).
M...WC is more of a late-80's/early-90's era series (I just checked; it ran '87-'97), and Columbia hasn't gotten to that stuff yet. I honestly expect them to put out shows like What's Happening, Soap, Good Times, and Designing Women first. Heck, there's I Dream of Jeannie (except I *think* there's a rights issue with that one; I'm not sure).
But - so far, anyway - Columbia seems to be missing the huge popularity of M...WC. So all we can do is to keep reminding them that we'd buy it. All 262 episodes !

Scott_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Uh, Dave, didn't Larry Sanders start in the early- to mid-90s?

And so that I don't come off as a total ass by just adding that to this thread, I will also add that I will definitely buy the first few seasons of MWC in a heartbeat, and may even buy the later seasons as well. The first few years of that show were just hilarious.

MikeEckman

Screenwriter
I just followed that link to the episode guide, and wow...11 seasons. I didnt know that show was on the air that long. I read the synopsis for alot of the episodes and man, its been so long since I've seen those. I would gladly buy season sets of this show. I just find it funny that Columbia owns the rights to the show that got the Fox Network its start.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
1992, to be exact.
Looks like I'm the one who appears to be an ass, now. Oh, well..nothing new! Thanks for keeping me honest.

Users who are viewing this thread