What's new

Any word on Knot's Landing season 2? (1 Viewer)

Ben King

Stunt Coordinator
I read on another forum that sales of Knots Landing had taken Warners by surprise (it outsold Dallas) and season two is now in the works.

I think we can expect to see more Knots later in the year.

florence franks

Stunt Coordinator
Wow, it did? That is great as it was quite a low key release. I can only imagine what could happen with some ads linking Donna Mills and general KL. I was abit concerned that S1 was it given that no was talking about it when it released on most of the usual forums.

Aryn Leroux

Screenwriter
My wife said that Knots eventually became more popular than Dallas.
I was curious about this myself so i took abit of time to look up ratings / estimated viewers for the time both shows appeared in top 30.
1980/81 - Dallas S4, Rank #1 , Weekly Viewers = 27,565,500
- Knots S2, Rank #28, Weekly Viewers = 15,181,000
1981/82 - Dallas S5, Rank #1, Weekly Viewers = 23,146,000
- Knots S3, Did Not Crack Top 30
1982/83 - Dallas S6, Rank #2, Weekly Viewers = 20,491,800
- Knots S4, Rank #20, Weekly Viewers = 15,493,800
1983/84 - Dallas S7, Rank #1, Weekly Viewers = 21,536,600
- Knots S5, Rank #11, Weekly Viewers = 17,430,400
1984/85 - Dallas S8, Rank #2, Weekly Viewers = 20,970,300
- Knots S6, Rank #9, Weekly Viewers = 17,980,000
1985/86 - Dallas S9, Rank #6, Weekly Viewers = 18,812,100
- Knots S7, Rank #17, Weekly Viewers = 16,750,500
1986/87 - Dallas S10, Rank #11, Weekly Viewers = 18,616,200
- Knots S8, Rank #26, Weekly Viewers = 14,683,200
1987/88 - Dallas S11, Rank #11, Weekly Viewers = 18,616,200
Knots S9, Rank #26, Weekly Viewers = 14,683,200
1988/89 - Dallas S12, Rank #30, Weekly Viewers = 13,921,600
- Knots S10, Rank #27, Weekly Viewers = 14,554,400
Neither Show Cracked the top 30 again... So i would say Based on this info Knots was never close to being more popular than Dallas. :)

Jon Baker

Second Unit
Too bad we have to wait so many seasons before "poor, poor Valene" is forced to take a bottle of pills by one of Gary's lovers. As much as I liked the show I'd hate to start buying these only to have them discontinue after a couple seasons, especially when it ran for 10.

Does anyone remember what season Alec Baldwin joined the cast?

Ben King

Stunt Coordinator
Jon Baker said:
Does anyone remember what season Alec Baldwin joined the cast?
Alec Baldwin was in Knots during seasons 5-7.
Knots lasted for 14 seasons in total - by the final season Gary and Karen were the only remaining regular characters from the original line-up.

Ethan Riley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ethan Riley
14 seasons?? That's a lot of dvds, my friends. Actually, I think Dallas had more total episodes. Dallas had 357 episodes, while Knots (only) had 344. Actually, Knots should have done the first two seasons in the first release, because both seasons were short and that's only 31 episodes, therefore doable in a single boxed set. Ah, well.

Ben King

Stunt Coordinator
Ben King said:
) and season two is now in the works.
And it appears that this information - posted here in good faith - was wrong. Warners have announced during the chat that there are no current plans for more Knots Landing.

Chuck L

Screenwriter
Ben King said:
Ben...one thing that you will learn from Warner is that when they say that there are not current plans that doesn't mean no. It simply means that don't expect an announcement within the next month or two...BUT...
I have learned from past chats with them on their movie products that usually means that yes...they are working on them...nothing is simply set yet. A great example of this was about two years ago when in chat they said that there was no plans to revisit PURPLE RAIN...then a few months later came the announcement that a two disc set was coming from them.
Warner is great on their titles. They also don't have a track record of starting something that they aren't going to finish. Give it time Ben...the arrival of Abby will happen sooner than you think.

Ben King

Stunt Coordinator
Chuck L said:
Ben...one thing that you will learn from Warner is that when they say that there are not current plans that doesn't mean no. It simply means that don't expect an announcement within the next month or two...BUT...
I have learned from past chats with them on their movie products that usually means that yes...they are working on them...nothing is simply set yet. A great example of this was about two years ago when in chat they said that there was no plans to revisit PURPLE RAIN...then a few months later came the announcement that a two disc set was coming from them.
Warner is great on their titles. They also don't have a track record of starting something that they aren't going to finish. Give it time Ben...the arrival of Abby will happen sooner than you think.
Thanks for your reply, Chuck.
Yes, I do know that we will probably see more Knots Landing on DVD at some stage and that it would be unwise for Warners' to announce titles when work/clearances on the release have yet to be completed.
I just didn't want anyone to think I was passing on false information.

todd s

Senior HTF Member
Thats good info Chuck...I would hate to go all "Everwood" on them at the next chat. :D ;)

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
Remember how long it took to get Dallas: S3 from Warner after S1/S2 was released (a year).
And note the apparent one-season-a-year schedule of The Waltons.

Ethan Riley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ethan Riley
Well....Dallas is coming out a little faster now. It may be because of that supposed (stupid) Dallas movie, but even if that's the case, maybe the publicity of that (stupid) movie will make them step up the Dallas releases and we'll get all the way to season 10 before anyone notices that the (stupid) movie isn't being made LOLOLOLOL

As for Knot's, let's start a fake press release stating that there's a Knot's movie in the works, starring Jessica Simpson as Abby, Paris Hilton as Val, and Will Ferrell as Gary. That'll get the dvds flowing out of Warner's...

Jeff Willis

Senior HTF Member
Ethan Riley said:
As for Knot's, let's start a fake press release stating that there's a Knot's movie in the works, starring Jessica Simpson as Abby, Paris Hilton as Val, and Will Ferrell as Gary. That'll get the dvds flowing out of Warner's...
:laugh: Man, that's classic, Ethan :laugh: Ain't it the truth? These "tie-in" movies are frustrating for us collectors out here. I've wondered what the sales #'s look like regarding movie tie-in's vs no movie for any given TV/DVD set.

Jon Baker

Second Unit
I got the impression the "Knot's Landing" DVD release was due to the popularity of "Desperate Housewives." I saw some clip of Joan Van Ark saying "we are the original desperate housewives."

Knot's was a much better show IMO. I can only take DH in small doses.

Real Name
Seth Thrasher
Chuck L said:
They also don't have a track record of starting something that they aren't going to finish.
Night Court, anyone....
Murphy Brown, anyone....
Seems like the Warner shows that get stalled out are the ones I like...

Robin W.

Grip
I am waiting for Season 2 also. Knots Landing was never shown here in Holland, and I was always very curious about what happened with Dallas' Gary and Val. Now I bought the Region 1 DVD a few months ago and I must say that it's a great show! I really want more seasons of Knots!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation554
Recent bookmarks