What's new

Any word on future Andromeda SEASON SETS?? (1 Viewer)

Greg S

Supporting Actor
I know I can buy the discs separately for seasons past #1 but I would prefer just one box set for each season. Afterall the price for Season 1 box set is INSANELY less expensive than buying the individual releases.

Thanks for any info in advance.

Greg

Mike Williams

Screenwriter
I'm completely with you Greg. I bought Seasons 1 and 2 in the two disc set volumes as they came out. Then when i heard about the Season 1 Set, I sold off my individual releases and waited for the box set to come out. Of course, I only got my individual sets back but in a nice pretty box, but I paid about $24.99 for each of the 5 individual volumes and $44.99 for the entire box set with all 5 Volumes included. So I've held off buying any more individual releases until other season sets are released.

Joshua Lane

Second Unit
A Season 2 Box Set should be out sometime in July... at least, that's what Previews (from Diamond Comics) said. And I believe the price for the box was $69.98.

Gord Lacey

Senior HTF Member
Here's something I think I've discovered about ADV releases...

They release a season set once the next season has released all the volumes. Look at Andromeda Season 1 and you'll see it was released right before Andromeda 3.1. Farscape Season 1 was released just before Farscape 2.5 was released, and Season 2 was released after 3.5 came out.

Sneaky, huh?

Gord

ChrisBEA

Screenwriter
I've been waiting on the Andromeda sets too. I bought the season 1 set for like 35 bucks!

Peter T.

Grip
Sorry, if this is a little bit off topic:
Can someone who has the Complete Season 1 Boxset tell me, what the Audioptions of the discs are. The 2-Disc-Set Volumes have DD 2.0.
According to review on DVD Verdict the Boxset offers DD 5.1. Is the 5.1-Option only available on the Complete Boxset?

Thanks!!

Gord Lacey

Senior HTF Member
I doubt that's the case. There's no way ADV would pay to get 5.1 on the box set when they didn't have it on the individual releases. The box set is just the other discs repackaged.

Gord

Dan Rudolph

Senior HTF Member
Not really repackaged, in the case of the Andromeda sets, IIRC. Just the individual releases with a box around them.

Eric F

Screenwriter
Dan, with S2 this is not the case. ADV decided to use flippers, which totally pisses me off because I had space set up in my DVD changer for it. I don't like them changing media format mid-series and not saying anything about it.

This made me a bit concerned the upcoming Farscape S3 box would also be flippers, so I purchased the individual releases off of eBay.

Oh, and it is still DD 2.0, and the transfers are excellent as usual.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.