What's new

Any word on Dial M For Murder .... (1 Viewer)

MatS

Screenwriter
sorry, just answered toward end of chat that it is being considered (flat?) for 2002.
flat=not 3D???

Deepak Shenoy

Supporting Actor
Flat possibly refers to the 1.37:1 aspect ratio (4:3) which is the OAR of Dial M. Nothing to worry here.

Brook K

Senior HTF Member
Isn't there some kind of issue with the 3D process not transferring well to DVD? I thought New Line said something along those lines when the Elm Street box came out and which ever of those was supposed to be in 3D (5?) wasn't.
------------------
"It's funny how the colors of the real world only seem really real when you viddy them on the screen"
S&S Challenge: 72 ...24
DVD BEAVER

My DVD Collection

Mark Zimmer

Senior HTF Member
I think it has something to do with the interlacing of the TV....though if they made a special 3D version for progressive players, I would think that would work fine (and it might get me off my ass and buying a progressive player that I've been stalling on...at least they've gotten cheaper).
------------------
"This movie has warped my fragile little mind."

MatS

Screenwriter
well I guess it would be safe to say at this point it is no longer considered for 2002 ;) :angry: :thumbsdown:

RolandL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Roland Lataille
I saw a 3-D print (dual projection) at the Film Forum in NY last year. The print was excellent and so was the 3-D. I have a 3-D VHS tape, done in the field sequential 3-D format, copied from a Japanese VHD and the 3-D is very good.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation636
Recent bookmarks