What's new

Any word on Animaniacs or Pinky & Brain? (1 Viewer)

Porfirio

Second Unit
I'm glad these are finally coming out, but then I checked epguides. This is probably going to be a nightmare to collect. There are 470 episodes for Animaniacs which would take about 18 volumes (about 25 episodes each) to complete the show collection! I guess I better start making room on the shelves. :D

Jaime_Weinman

Supporting Actor
Porfirio, there were actually only 99 episodes of "Animaniacs." The TV.com listing is misleading because it counts every short cartoon and interstitial as a separate "episode."

So at this rate the entire series can be released in 4 volumes.

Chris Bardon

Senior HTF Member
This is coming out next month, isn't it? Have any reviews started popping up? I'm really looking forward to getting my hands on this set, especially since I've had some of the songs stuck in my head for days now. Haven't seen a lot of any of these since they were back on TV originally. Hopefully these episodes aren't released edited, because so far everything about this set sounds fantastic.

Ken Chui

Supporting Actor
Actually, two weeks' time (July 25).
htf_images_smilies_banana.gif

Chris S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris S
Meant to post this earlier but if you're in San Diego next week stop by the convention center on Thursday for...

Ken Chui

Supporting Actor
IGN has an early review on the Animaniacs set and it's not promising on the visual front. Regarding the video:
The full review can be found here.

Thomas Newton

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas Newton

Yesssss ... Brain's VHS tape, You Will Buy This Video, has programmed you well! Now if enough people follow your example, two laboratory mice can finally take over the world!!!!

Jim Harvey

Second Unit
Having received the set just a few days ago, watching these DVD collections is just a giant blast from the past, and a welcome one at that. The video quality is to be expected from early 1990s television and the extras are on par with other similar releases from WHV. I still recommend this collection. It's great to finally have these sets on DVD.

*~MelissaRogers~*

Auditioning
Real Name
Melissa
so as soon as I woke up today, I ran out and got my copies of pinky and the Brain and Animaniacs DVDs..and boy am I excited! I've been watching them all day [what a perfect day to have my day off from work!] and they're seriously even funnier than I remember. they're a good addition to my home collection. I'm actually kinda surprised I went so long without watching these shows..I used to watch em every day after school..so you can imagine how happy I am :D my favorite skits are Slappy and Skippy, and of course pinky and the Brain. what're yours?

anyone else pick these up yet?

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
pinky and the brain are only select episodes from the series.

was there a real season order for this show?

just wondering why it is select eps, not season set.

Jaime_Weinman

Supporting Actor
Pinky and the Brain is actually the first 22 episodes produced; it's called "Selected episodes" because they're not including the compilation episodes made up of recycled Animaniacs shorts (since those will be included in the Animaniacs sets).

I don't have the Animaniacs set yet (not available in Canada yet, and Amazon hasn't sent it to me), but I did manage to get the Pinky and the Brain set, and I noticed that one episode, "Napoleon Brainaparte," has the "shuddering" problem that some of the Batman episodes have as well as some of the Looney Tunes on volume 2 (like "Book Revue") -- freeze-frame it and you'll see the picture shudder/stutter.

Are there any Animaniacs episodes that have this problem?

WB has really got to start giving its TV shows progressive transfers for DVD. This interlacing/shuddering stuff is really needless.

ChrisRose

Stunt Coordinator
Okay, so I'm freaking out. Why isn't Animaniacs available in Canada yet? I scoured the city and none of the DVD stores had it... although a few had Pinky & The Brain. One saleslady told me they were getting Animaniacs Aug. 8th...I came home, checked Amazon and sure enough, their date has changed.

I guess I'm worried that something will be missing from the Canadian version of the set...maybe they delayed it 'cause they spotted something they couldn't clear for Canada? I know that Warner Bros has edited shorts, extras, and sometimes excluded entire movies, from some of their classic movie boxsets. I don't know if this is possible with their animated titles, but it'd be just my luck if it happens with one of my very favorite animated series that I've been DYING to own on DVD.

I suppose I could order from an American online store, but discs tend to get damaged - especially if they're in a digipack like Warner's animated DVDs always are. I *have* to buy it in a store near me so I can exchange the discs that will inevitably (based on past experience) be scratched. Arrgh.

Please, if anyone out there knows the reason for the delay and can confirm the Canadian version will be exactly the same as the US version... speak up!

LorenzoL

Second Unit
Real Name
Lorenzo
So that's the reason why I couldn't find the Animaniacs set. I found the Pinky and The Brain set at Future Shop and when I asked about Animaniacs, they just told me that their computer was showing as having none on stock. They didn't say anything about the set being delayed.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks