What's new

Any word on Alien Nation? (1 Viewer)

Chris Stainton

Second Unit
I have been patiently waiting for the series as well as the TV movies to be released. Any word on if or when we may see these released?

WillG

Senior HTF Member
I remember in a Fox Chat from awhile back, Peter Staddon said that he would have to check if they had the rights to release it, and if they did, it would definately be released. I don't think we ever got an answer.

Antony James

Stunt Coordinator
It seems like whenever they don't know who has the rights to something, we never hear back about it.

Not to be too negative, but I doubt we'll see it within the next few years. :frowning:

AndyMcKinney

Senior HTF Member

I don't see why not. It's already available through Columbia House as one of their "TV Greats" subscription series, so there's no reason to think that Fox won't give us a retail release.

I don't see how Fox wouldn't have the rights to it. Whomever has the rights has obviously licenced it to Columbia House, anyway. Maybe Fox is waiting for their "exclusive" deal with Columbia House to expire. Certainly, other shows that started out as club exclusives (M*A*S*H, Sanford and Son, Soap, Wonder Woman, etc.) have been released in seasons sets at retail.

Deb Walsh

Stunt Coordinator
Actually, Columbia House no longer offers Alien Nation the Series. They did release the entire series, but none of the follow-on movies. At least one of the films has appeared on Fox Movie Classics in recent months, so I think the films are clearly in the Fox library.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks