What's new

Any word on a new version of Broken Arrow??? (1 Viewer)

John Fieldstadt

Stunt Coordinator
I though I heard something about this a while back, but I'm not sure.
------------------
Sony KP-61HS10, Sony DB940, Toshiba SD-6200, JVC HR-7600U, Sony CE545, Sony Sat. Receiver, Klipsch Reference Series (RB-5, RC-3 & RS-3), Klipsch KSW-15, Sennheiser RS-6, Sony RM-AV2100

Jim A. Banville

Supporting Actor
I'd like a version with different actors that "fit" the roles
frown.gif

Tom-G

Screenwriter
Real Name
Thomas
Back to the topic at hand. During the chat with Peter Staddon not too long ago, I tried to ask this question, but was unsuccessful. I kept a lookout for the question to pop-up from someone else who was on the same wavelength as me, but no luck. I don't believe this title will be revisited for a while, but I hope I'm wrong.
------------------
As for the bad rap about the characters--hey, I've seen space operas that put their emphasis on human personalities and relationships. They're called "Star Trek" movies. Give me transparent underwater cities and vast hollow senatorial spheres any day. --Roger Ebert on The Phantom Menace

DanR

Supporting Actor
I don't know definitively, but I would say it is not out of the question.
While there are no more Dolby/DTS Anamorphic WS re-releases scheduled for this year, I believe Peter did say that some more were on the list for 2002.
Since action flicks like Broken Arrow fit the demographic of young and middle-aged DVD consumers, I would actually expect Broken Arrow to get a re-release. It's currently non-anamorphic, and could definitely use some improvement.
Not every early non-anamorphic DVD can be Five Star re-releases (like True Lies and Speed will be in 2002), but I think something along the lines of the Predator, Last of the Mohicans type re-release is definitely possible for Broken Arrow.
Regards,
Dan

Jim A. Banville

Supporting Actor
I guess I didn't like several things about this movie. No.1, I just don't see Christian Slater as a soldier of any form. No.2, that boxing thing between Travolta and Slater, and the accompanying $1 bill(was it a $1 bill) continually reappearing. No.3, when that female Sherrif's deputy encounters Slater for the first time she acts like she's never see a pilot in a flight suit before and pulls her gun on him! No.4, I don't like that John Woe "look", i.e., the slow motion walk out to the B-2, etc.

Nate Anderson

Screenwriter
In response to Jim's post:
1. Well, I'm not a huge Christian Slater fan, but I don't mind him either. I guess I didn't have a problem with him as a hero.
2. The boxing I suppose was a means to show rivalry between the two, and how John Travolta was trying to toughen Slater up a bit. Still, him finding the $20 bill in th bush at the end and saying "I win" was a pretty good way to end the movie, if implausible. But then again, you can't dial "1-800-BLOW-UP into a nuclear weapon either.
3. She was a dork. But she knows how to use a hammer as a weapon, so she's not all bad in my book.
4. The John WOO look might have something to do with the fact that he DIRECTED Broken Arrow!
I should mention that I did like this film and I own it on DVD.
------------------
"This is not a drill. This is the apocolypse!"

Keith_R

Screenwriter
Real Name
Kyle
I thought the film was okay, certainly nothing I'd own on DVD but still I suppose it was merely okay. John Travolta did great on his role in this movie, however I don't think Christian Slater fit his role.
------------------
-Keith-

Jim A. Banville

Supporting Actor
"She pulls her gun on him precisely because he is a pilot, and she's not happy about the plane that buzzed, and then crashed in, her beloved and protected parkland."
Umm... she thought he crashed his plane intentionally? Does that mean I can pull my gun (I am a real police officer, after all) on someone who crashes into my car, whether I know if it is a mistake or not?
"4. The John WOO look might have something to do with the fact that he DIRECTED Broken Arrow!"
Duh! He needs to lose the slo-mo thing. It is played out
frown.gif

Brett Halsey

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Brett
Quote - "John Travolta did great on his role in this movie, however I don't think Christian Slater fit his role."
That's maybe due to the fact that Brandon Lee was supposed to play Christian Slater's role until his life was tragically cut short.

Jeff Ashforth

Stunt Coordinator
quote: Great film. I'd love a new anamorphic version w/ John Woo commentary![/quote]
How about a commentary from a guy reading a transcript of John Woo's commentary
wink.gif
. His heavily accented track on MI-2 required so much concentration/transalation that it gave me a killer (pun intended) headache. :)
BTW, I can already see me getting flamed by people calling for the movie to be presented in it's OAC- Original Accented Commentary.
laugh.gif

------------------
http://www.home.earthlink.net/~drashforth/_uimages/flaggif
"Historians of science have long said: A body of knowledge that does not fit in with prevailing ideas, will be ignored as if it does not exist, no matter how scientifically valid it is."
My Spare time larcenists
The worst HT in America.
[Edited last by Jeff Ashforth on October 11, 2001 at 10:26 AM]

Chad Ferguson

Supporting Actor
I have a feeling that whatever films Fox released in their Widescreen series on VHS will be released in either 5 star or DTS a some point in time. Also, just too mote, originally Slaters character was to die in the final fight with Travolta, not sure if it was filmed though. Also, it was a $20 bill if I remember correctly
wink.gif

As for the slo motion thing John Woo does, well, every frame of Face/Off is awesome, watch that film and the ntry and tell me that you didn't fall in love with Nic Cage's coat.
Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks