Any word of these Laserdisc titles coming to Dvd

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Mike Friedrich, Jan 17, 2002.

1. Mike Friedrich

Mike Friedrich Stunt Coordinator

These are LD titles that I've rented in the past and I'm considering buying them, having found a seller for 3 of them for a good price, but does anyone know of rumored or scheduled Dvd release dates on any of these titles;
    A Perfect World
    The Crucible
    Schindlers List
    Twilights Last Gleaming

bodymov'n [​IMG]

2. Jay E

Jay E Cinematographer

I've heard nothing definite on any of them, although there are rumors of Schindler's List coming out on DVD, although nothing specific.

3. Mike Friedrich

~ thanx Jay, that's what I thought about Schindlers List also I thought I heard something about A Perfect World but I can't seem to remember where ? It seems that The Crucible is way over due, just to note there is a widscreen VHS version out but no Dvd, lame. I just recently bought the new UK region 0 release of The Witchmaster General, US working title; The Conqueror Worm, so now I have a renewed interest in seeing TC, which as I remember was a fine WS THX 5.1 release.
    Just another reason I still love the old platters.
    bodymov'n [​IMG]

4. Brian G

Brian G Extra

Mike I'm just curious but what are you getting these Laserdisc only versions for ? It does seem that Laserdiscs still come in handy, I picked up "The Honky Tonk Man" with Clint Eastwood for only $12, great movie and a lot better one at that than "Bronco Billy" that got a DVD release ? Anyone else find any treasures on Laserdiscs at a nice price that has not been mentioned for DVD release ?

5. Mike Friedrich

~ Brian..., I ordered them up as follows;
    1)The Crucible -$12 + $4/sh
    2)A Perfect World - $9.95
    Schindler's List - 21.95
    Twilights Last Gleaming - 29.95 + $6.95/sh
    No tax on either.
    And now I'm trying to decide whether or not I want to get the Dances With Wolves Extended LD cut. I have the [DTS] Dvd but I've never seen the Extended LD version and I'm trying to get some info on whether or not it is more of a envolving feature, or does it just take away from the 181 min. Dvd version. That is a good find on Honky Tonk Man, one of Clint Eastwoods best performance, and a great story !
    bodymov'n [​IMG]

6. Rachael B

Rachael B Producer

Rachael Bellomy
    Mike, I really like the extended version of DANCES WITH WOLVES. I hope you can get one. I'm usually not crazy about adding extra time and especially to films that are already this long. Furthermore, the version isn't director approved. I don't care. It works. The suicide scene has extra footage that helps it. Same with alot of other scenes, the extra length ties things up better. I hope you can find a copy without paying an arm and a leg. Best wishes from Laserland!

7. Christian Dolan

Christian Dolan Stunt Coordinator

Brian G.,
    I got the Indy Jones Trilogy (ws) and the CLV Criterion of Blade Runner (theatrical cut) for a grand total of $20. Sorry, I’ve already cleaned the poor guy out of everything useful[​IMG]
    -Christian

8. Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein Founder
    Owner

Ronald Epstein
    Schindler's List is due out this year for DVD.

9. Mike Friedrich

~ Rachel, the arm would cost $25 and the leg would be $24.95 for the Box set. So how is the video transfer and the Dolby Surround track on your LD ? Do you have the expanded LD only version or the Box set with the supplements. I would actually be happy with just the LD only version since I recieved a complimentary pack, from the box set, containing the DWW Soundtrack and "The Illustrated Story Of The Epic Film" coffee book courtesy of the First LD Spectacular at Paramount Studios in 93'.
    Ron..., so now you tell me[​IMG], but seriously I do want to watch it again now so this will be a view to sell copy for me, thanx for the heads up everyone !
    bodymov'n [​IMG]

10. Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein Founder
    Owner

Ronald Epstein
    This is an old thread but I thought I

would ressurect it for good reason.

We had the opportunity to speak with

Warner Brothers yesterday. Look for

Twilights Last Gleaming and

other Allied Artists titles next year.

Bravo Warner!