What's new

Any way to get Taller? (1 Viewer)

Richard Travale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rich Travale
Don't worry about it. I had a friend in high school who stood about 5'4". Then after high school when he was about 18, he shot up to almost my height which is 6'2".

Clinton McClure

Rocket Science Department
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Clint
Height: 5'10". Hit that when I was 19 and have been there ever since. :emoji_thumbsup: Remember, your bones grow until your early 30s.

andrew markworthy

Senior HTF Member
At 6 ft 9" I can't claim to be a great fan of height. Nothing *fits*. Clothes are a pain, nearly all cars (sorry, autos) are the wrong size(there's a huge range of ones I can't fit into; forget sports cars, any Merc under the E class, the entire BMW and Jaguar and most Japanese ranges are out, etc, etc), seats on trains, planes, at theatres, etc are *agony*. And the *reward* for this? Morons think they have the automatic right to comment on you ('what's the weather like up there?', 'you're tall, aren't you?' - wow, Oscar, you're a wit: nobody has ever thought of saying that before), and a probable shorter life expectancy (short people live longer - probably blood pressure related). And before anyone says it, no, you do *not* stand a better chance of picking up girls.

Antonio, just be happy with your height.

Scott L

Senior HTF Member
I'm about 5'6" or 5'7" haven't measured myself lately. It sucks being short but hey what can you do? Tom Cruise is about my height and he bagged Nicole, maybe there's a chance for the rest of us. ;)

Antonio_B

Stunt Coordinator
Interesting Bruce...What does that movie talk about,and what do they do to make people taller?

Antonio

Andrew W

Supporting Actor
At 17, you may grow for another 6 or 7 years. Not much, but you could add another inch or two by the time you are 25.

Shane Bos

Second Unit
I agree with Andrew however I am taller than he is at 7'1". I do not wish to be shorter though, I just wish they made everything else bigger. The nice part about living in Alberta is you can drive a pick-up truck and fit in with everyone else.

Leila Dougan

Screenwriter
The grass is always greener on the other side. I'm 4'11" (though sometimes I say I'm 5'0). Everything is too big for me. I can't reach the cabinets on my own house and I have to sit on a pillow in my car. I can't drive a lot of cars because the seats sit so low I can't see at all. And, I'm barely tall enough to ride a lot of roller coasters.

I'm 22 and have been this height since I was 12. No, I haven't grown any (height, shoe size, nothing) since the 6th grade. But, medically there is nothing wrong with me. My mother is 5'2 and my dad is 5'4. With the exception of a few people who married into the family, everyone on both sides are really short.

Of course I'm not a guy but I'll tell you that being taller won't make it easier to pick up girls. My husband is of average height (5'9 I think) and he's fine for me. I've dated guys over 6'0 and it can make things tough.

Be happy with your height because things aren't easier on the other side (not that I'm assuming you want to be 4'11 or anything :D )

Oh, I just wanted to add that I get my fair share of comments too. People call me "shortie" when they don't know my name. They constantly make stupid remarks like "How are things so low to the ground?". I even had one, not particularly bright, person ask me if I would die if I got a nosebleed. He said that since I'm so small that I couldn't handle losing that much blood (exactly how much blood are we talking about here??). What an idiot.

Mark Brewer

Stunt Coordinator
Leila

It's sad to hear that people would say stuff like that to you. I have had a few remarks about my height (6" 5 1/2") and being so thin, 130 lbs.

I actually had a women who was at least 100 lbs overwieght say to me "WOW your the skinniest guy I've ever seen" Then she started rambling on about nose bleeds, head in the clouds, blah, blah,
I just asked her how she would feel if I called her the fatest person I've ever met. She got the point.

Carl Miller

Screenwriter
Oh, I just wanted to add that I get my fair share of comments too. People call me "shortie" when they don't know my name. They constantly make stupid remarks like "How are things so low to the ground?".
I'm 5'4" and I haven't had someone make a comment to me about my height in many years. Well, except for my son who is taller than me at age 13 and now 5'6"..same height as my wife. He has been taller than me for about a year now, but only recently realized that it isn't common to see a 13 year old taller than his dad. Doesn't bother me in the least, and he's starting to come in real handy reaching for the high stuff at Home Depot ;)

Antonio_B

Stunt Coordinator
I agree Bruce that this would be a way to go but it will be very painful at the same time.

JeremySt

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jeremy
Antonio, if I could give you 3" of my height, I would.

Im 6'6".

I want to be shorter. Even 6'3" would be a huge improvement. People asking me "Do you play basketball?" gets pretty old. :)

Jim_C

Senior HTF Member
I wouldn't worry about it. My senior year of high school I was 5'4" tall. I'm 33 and now I'm 5'4" tall. Wait a minute! I'm still short as hell! :)

I'd kill to be 5'9"

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks