What's new

Any way to get Taller? (1 Viewer)

Antonio_B

Stunt Coordinator
Hi all,how are you?
I would like to know if there's a way or a medecine that will help you get taller.
I'm 17 and a half and i stand 5 feet 9 inches.
Thanks in advance!
Later.

Lew Crippen

Senior HTF Member
I’m not trying to be personal Antonio, but why are you interested? 5’9” is a perfectly respectable height. If you were quite short, perhaps indicating some growth problem (perhaps hormonal), I could understand. But as you don’t come close to falling into that category, I’m interested as to the reason for your concern.

KyleS

Screenwriter
Antonio its called genetics. Each one of us is pre-determined to be a specific height from the time we are born. Of course diet, exercise, etc can influence that, but assuming you are not starved then 5'9" is a perfectly normal height for a 17 year old. How tall are your parents & even grandparents? Does height run in your family?

If you do have a non-normal height (Which it doesn't sound like you do) Doctors can give you hormones to help with your growth. I would tell you that growth can happen well after you are 17. I had a friend in High School and when we graduated he was about 5'10" or so and when I met him 5 years later he was 6'3" or so. I couldn't believe it but he had another growth spurt after High School but I don't think that is the norm.

I am with Lew why do you want to be taller when 5'9" is perfectly normal.

Kyle

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
5'9" (which is around my height, I'm also 17) is a pretty good height. People who are too tall or too short usually have some health problems as they get older, so consider yourself in a pretty good situation.

With that said, I wouldn't mind hitting at least 6'0" before I'm out of college.

Cam S

Screenwriter
My Mom's 2 brothers are 6'6" and 6'8" and I'm only 5'11" but I'm not worried, I like my height. Your still only 17, so you could still be growing. If you were closer to 5 feet, then maybe you could have some concern.

Lew Crippen

Senior HTF Member
Plus you can still attract plenty of girls at 5’ 9”. :D

It’s the whole package, not the height. ;)

Mark Brewer

Stunt Coordinator
Antonio

The grass in not always greener on the other side. I am 6' 5 1/2".
Sometimes when I'm in the supermarket shorter people come up to me and ask me to reach stuff on the top shelf. I usually don't mind but it does get old.

And Clothing It's hard to find pants> I am rather thin so either my pant waist is to big or my pant legs are to short.
____

You should celebrate your shortnes remember some of histories most evil dictators when short.
>>>umm well then again I think you could pick up a used medevil stretch rack on ebay!!!:D

Antonio_B

Stunt Coordinator
Hey all,thanks a bunch for the advices!
I agree that 5.9 is a pretty good height but i would have preferred to be a little taller,like 6 feet:D .
Well let's thank god we're healthy and wise.
Later guys.

Philip_G

Senior HTF Member
wow, dayton. I used to live in McMinnvile. Small world :)
heck, if you have onlinemac, maybe I set you up lol

Mark Brewer

Stunt Coordinator
Philip

I used to do setups for Onlinemac. They remodeled the offices very nice.
Still online with them after 5 years

Smaller world...

Mark B
PS feel free to send me a private message

Jake_Mathews

Auditioning
ya dude im 15, will be 16 in april, and im 6'3" and i feel like im 80. well not really, but everything seems too small, the world revolves arounf average sized people such as ureself, 5'9" is a good 2 inches above average.

David King

Stunt Coordinator
Anybody want to measure their wingspan (can be determined by measuring between the tips of the longest fingers when the arms are outstretched from the body)?

I'm 5' 11"
Wingspan 6' 2"

Those numbers are supposed to be similar. My legs just didn't want to grow in proportion with my torso. From a standing position, then bending at the waist, most people can barely touch their toes, I can reach at least 6" beyond that.

Mark Brewer

Stunt Coordinator
wingspan 6' 3 1/3"
I believe I can fly!!!!

Garp come down from that rooftop!!!

I can' touch my toes.. I get nose bleeds on they way back up.

See being average or below average height isn't that bad.
But then again my wife can alway spot me in crowd.

Michael Varacin

Stunt Coordinator
I actually want to be shorter!

I'm 6'3", and trying to make a career in open wheel car racing. Let me tell you - being 6'3" is a MAJOR problem. I've pondered how to get shorter for years.

Antonio_B

Stunt Coordinator
Hey Mark and David,first i did not understand what you meant by "WingSpan".And second what is the goal of measuring your "WingSpan"?
Later.

David King

Stunt Coordinator
Well whats the purpose of measuring height? Just for Sh*ts and Giggles I guess. Your Wingspan and Height are supposed to be nearly equal. So I used mine to determine how out of proportion I am. I suppose it could be used in boxing or something to show a reach advantage for boxers of equal height (but they just measure the "reach"). Maybe arm wrestling? I normally have much longer arms than people my own height, hence my leverage advantage always allows me to win :)

Wingspan is the measurement from fingertip to fingertip while your arms are outstretched in a crucifix-like position.

Jefferson

Supporting Actor
I'm only an inch taller, at 5' 10".
In NYC I'm considered short...back home, by the border
of Mexico, i'm considered tall.
It is all relative.
Be happy with whatever you are measuring, i always
say.:)

Mark Brewer

Stunt Coordinator
Philip

Does "oh crap", mean something bad.
Like oh yey your the dork who....
Hey I'm nice guy..

Jefferson

Yes it is all relative,
My grandma was 4' 10" my grandpa was 6'2"
my dad was 6'1" my mom is 5' 6"
I'm 6' 5 1/1" and my wife is 5' 4"

Tall women scare us Brewers

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks