Any way to get component out from ATI Radeon 9000 PRO 128MB?

Discussion in 'Computers' started by Phil L, Jun 30, 2003.

1. Phil L

Phil L Supporting Actor

I'm thinking of getting this for TV out and some very light gaming (on the pc). My tv has a
    DVI input but only 1. I'm going to get a set top dvi dvd player and I want to use the input for that. Is there anyway to get component out from this card?

2. JamesHl

JamesHl Supporting Actor

I don't think so. I know there's a breakout box for the new all in wonder radeons, though.

3. Phil L

Phil L Supporting Actor

Anyone have any suggestions for a video card w/ component out? I don't do much gaming.

4. Phil L

Phil L Supporting Actor

One other thing:

why wouldn't the DVI-I to YPbPr adapter for the AIW 8500/dv work for the 9000?

5. JamesHl

JamesHl Supporting Actor

I really don't know. I guess you could always gamble $30 that it might work.

6. CRyan

CRyan Screenwriter

Why don't you use the PC for DVD's as well? You could quite possibly get a better picture.

C. Ryan

7. Scott L

Scott L Producer

CRyan don't get him started, he might get into it and before he knows it be spending time & money left and right to get the best picture. [​IMG]

Seriously though Phil you should be able to get a better DVD picture from your HTPC rather than a standalone. You can use the PC to scale the DVDs to the native resolution of your RPTV (digital?). This almost always produces better results than using the TV's internal scaler. Not to mention you'll be getting a straight digital video trasfer so the picture won't suffer from D/A conversions.

But to answer your first question you can get this provided the ATI outputs either a DVI-I or DVI-A signal. I'm pretty sure it does one of those so you should be good.

8. Phil L

Phil L Supporting Actor