What's new

Any way to fix mispelled XBL gamer tag? (1 Viewer)

Peter Loan

Second Unit
I suppose I can exchange it out for a new one, but that's such a hassle. Has anyone in beta been able to change your gamer tag name?

Jay Mitchosky

Senior HTF Member
My understanding is you would have to subscribe with a new number from a new XBL kit. In other words it will cost you US$50 for the correction. :frowning: Read that at the Xbox Live site as they specifically mention it:
The only way to get a new Gamertag is to get a new account (buy another Starter Kit).

Andre F

Screenwriter
My understanding is you would have to subscribe with a new number from a new XBL kit. In other words it will cost you US$50 for the correction. Read that at the Xbox Live site as they specifically mention it:
Jeez...I better make sure to spell it right when I sign for XBL...

millercv

Second Unit
Hmmm I wonder what is keeping people from exchanging their xbl kits to change their gamertag?

Peter Loan

Second Unit
Mighlybuddah, rather than Mightybuddah. If you look at the letters when your register for XBL, the "l" looks sorta like a "t" when you're in a hurry to get onto Live:)

pitchman

Screenwriter
Real Name
Gary
Peter, I feel your pain! I'm "Pilchman" instead of my usual handle, "Pitchman." It was late at night and I mistook an l for a t... and the rest is history.:b BTW, I called Xbox support and they told me after the beta, I could buy a new kit at retail. Beyond that, there is absolutely NO WAY to change your gamer tag once it's been entered. Learn from my mistake and type carefully.:)

Jay Mitchosky

Senior HTF Member
My favorite is the example at the Xbox site: Gandalph vs. Gandalf. :laugh: I must have read my tag over a dozen times before I entered it.

Emil Stoica

Second Unit
Peter,

I did the same thing. I got caught with the similar look of a l and a t. Oh well, lhXServo works, I guess.:b

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apearson28
Recent bookmarks