Any vintage tv experts around?

Discussion in 'Displays' started by mark alan, Jul 23, 2003.

1. mark alan

mark alan Supporting Actor

I ran across an old RCA Victor television somebody was throwing away, so of course I snagged it. it's model 7T103, which I believe means that is is a 1947 model tv.

I though about making it the centerpiece of my home theater, with its 10", b&w screen, but have decided against it. However, I am curious to see if anyone knows anything about vintage tvs, or give me some links to look for information. I have no idea if its worth anything, or if I should just try to sell it for $25 at a flea market.

2. Jesse Skeen

Jesse Skeen Producer

I'd have an antique TV if I had any room for one!

3. Jack Briggs

Jack Briggs Executive Producer

Later I'll provide the link, but I once saw a Website run by a man who is in love with vintage television sets. Many of the items in his collection are still running and putting out a fine picture (though not with the original tubes).

When I was a kid, there was a small, upright 1949 Admiral in bedroom, which my parents had before I made my debut on this planet. It eventually was moved to the storage room. Too bad it wasn't kept.

I'd hold on to the set for the time being. There are some people out there for whom it would have value.

4. mark alan

mark alan Supporting Actor

You guys weren't any help. I guess I should stick to high definition questions in this forum.[​IMG]

I did find another forum, with a category for early black and white tvs (ain't the internet great). Turns out it is a 1951 tv, with a massive (for that time) 17" screen. I may just have to play with it and see if I can get it running. It would be a neat contrast with my front projection system and 6.1 surround sound.