What's new

ANY viable devices that can play 4K 10-bit media files? (MKV, etc?) (1 Viewer)

John Houston

Agent
Real Name
John
I don't even want streaming, or wifi. I just need to know if any of the myriad player/server boxes out there can play high bit-rate 4K material? I've read reviews on a bunch of them and it seems only a gaming machine made by Nvidia can handle them. I was rather wanting to avoid going the full computer route with a high-end video card but it looks like I'll have to.

John Houston

Agent
Real Name
John
Thanks, I will try to the Roku, the Chromebox is a computer and I'd rather just use a decent video card that handles 4K in the computer I have since it would no doubt work better. I have three KWworld M130 media servers that are fantastic, but just do up to 1080P resolution. Aside from that, the will play almost any file type you throw at them without glitches. All for only $45.00 each. Plus, no streaming or wifi, which I don't care about. I just wish a 4K version existed.

Al.Anderson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Al
Interesting, I hadn't heard of the KWworld M130. I use Roku3's, with Plex running on a desktop, and media on a NAS. But I'm not doing any 4K yet.

The Chromebox has a big following because Kodi apparently works very well. I bought one to experiment, but haven't had time to much around yet. One of these days ...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FlickLives