What's new

Any vedolyne owners? (1 Viewer)

Shawn.G

Second Unit
I just checked out audiogon and they're sold! anywhere else come to mind? You said something about a used PCI. What's that?

steve nn

Senior HTF Member
A PCI is a SVS sub that has the amp on-board just like the other subs we have been speaking of. Click on the banner at the top of the page. Yes SVS and HSU are as good as Velodyne and imo better than the CHT line. The CHT 15" is made a little differently and bigger driver so some would consider this sub closer in performance to the VTF-3 and the PCI. If you saved just a little bit more and went with a new PCI you would be very happy I am sure. Take a look and see what you think. Don't get me wrong the CHT line is good but you might want to hold out and go for something that might do even better for you? Good is good and great is better.;)

Shawn.G

Second Unit
Im looking at the hsu vtf 2. What do you think of that? The svs is still a bit much for what i will spend now. How much better is the 3 than the 2?

Shawn.G

Second Unit
what do you think of the polk subs? im looking at getting polk r40 speakers(i can get them really cheap-i listened to them at circuit city and they sounded really nice) i might be able to get a used polk sub cheap. let me know what u think on speakers and/or the sub.

MikeCooper

Grip
I have a friend that has a really nice setup incorporating A Harmon Kardon receiver, all Polk speakers, and a CHT-10 Velodyne. You wouldn't believe how awesome it sounds! I didn't find the velodyne at all boomy or muddy, it sounded great! He had the crossover on the sub set at 40Hz which seemed to be the magic number with his setup, hits really hard and clean.

I plan on buying the CHT-10 or 12 some time next week, I just love the way they sound.

The Eric Clapton live DVD on his setup was stunning!

Chris Tedesco

Second Unit
Real Name
Chris
Old thread being brought back from the dead. But I had to.

I just replaced my JBL SP-10 with the Velodyne CHT-10 and am pleasantly suprised with what it can do. From some of the bad publicity I've been reading I was prepared for a underwhelming experience, but this was not the case.

I'm still messin with the settings, but so far it's great.

Even in a room like I have 15x18, it still packs a punch!

Just thought I'd share.

John Pine

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John Pine
Wow.....talk about back from the dead! I still love my CHT-12. I also have it set down to 40Hz. I let my JBL S310-II's handle everything above that. And with my h/k 525, they do it with ease.

Jeff W.

Stunt Coordinator
CHT-10 = $199
CHT-12 = $249

Which one should I get? ~2400sq.ft. room.

I like good loud bass you can feel. Right now I have a CSW BassCube 8" (50w) and it's actually very decent, but it gives up pretty quickly when the Hz drop below 40.

Just want something with a bit more extension basically. For well under $300, under $200 preferably..

Oh, 60% movies/TV, 40% rock/reggae music

John Pine

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John Pine
Sh!t that's easy! With the size of that room, spend the 50 bucks and get the CHT-12. The 12 is a big tank of a unit and slightly boomy when set up to 80Hz. But, for me, with my large main's that extend down to 37Hz it a perfect match, as I usually keep the x-over set down to 40Hz. My 12 has extension down to about 25Hz-28Hz. I paid $399 over two years ago. So, for that price($249), it's a steal!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks