What's new

Any "Vampire Weekend" fans here? (1 Viewer)

Ron Reda

Senior HTF Member
On a whim, I turned on SNL last night just as Vampire Weekend was about to play. Holy sh*t, I REALLY dig this band. They played "M79" and I was blown away. I then spent most of the night trying to find MP3s of their stuff and bought the album today. Great stuff...like a mixture of "Graceland"-era Paul Simon, African beats, The Police and classical yet it works so well. Then to top it off, I go and check the Bonnaroo lineup hoping that they'd be there and sure enough they are. Sweet. :D

Dome Vongvises

Senior HTF Member
I like them. It's a very laid back album, and I can forsee this being something nice to listen to when Spring and Summer roll around.

Ron Reda

Senior HTF Member

To me, it's more upbeat than laid back. Agreed...it's gonna be a great one to listen to with the windows rolled down.

Brian L

Senior HTF Member

I caught a short bit of their 1st song during the SNL performance. Initial impressions....I thought they sounded exactly like The Shins.

Brian

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
I caught them on SNL as well, and immediately bought the album from Amazon's MP3 store (only $8). Great stuff.

Hmm, can't say I agree with this. I think Ron described their sound quite well. The Soweto influence is prevalent in every song.

Jack Gilvey

Senior HTF Member
A buddy have me the cd and I'm really digging it. Love the use of strings as more than a sappy backup, and the beats are very interesting.

Ron Reda

Senior HTF Member

Yeah, this CD has really taken me. I can't seem to get it outta my head. Plus, it's nice that you can listen to the entire CD in like 35 minutes...ADD worthy to say the least! ;)

Jack Gilvey

Senior HTF Member
Lost my copy so I picked up another at Best Buy today (along with "Surfing With The Alien" and "Tommy" on DVD-A(!)). Still digging it.
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks