What's new

Any used HDTV receivers worth buying? (1 Viewer)

Anthony F.

Stunt Coordinator
Are there any earlier generation HDTV receivers that are worth buying used/refurb/closeout? I'm talking about OTA, not necessarily with an NTSC tuner--bare bones to play with on a projection system capable of HDTV through component input (yes I know about HDCP/DVI, etc). Looking for something on the cheap, maybe via ebay. Any thoughts?

Thanks!

mark alan

Supporting Actor
You just missed several Princeton Graphics Hdt-2000's on ebay. Brand new, in the box (but 2-3 years old). Sold for around $200 each. I bought one, and have been fairly pleased. Works like it is supposed too, but not a polished piece of equipment.

The same company was selling them, one after the other, so they may have more

Anthony F.

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks for the replies. Any word on the various early Samsung and Panasonic units? I think $150-$200 may be a range I'm comfortable with.

JeromeS

Stunt Coordinator
I use to have a Samsung SIR-T150 that worked great. It had a nice picture and excellent signal reception. The only reason I returned it after a trial period was I was going to get DirecTV and needed one with a DirecTV tuner. I don't know how much a SIR-T150 is going for now.

Roger Li

Grip
I have a Samsung SIR-T150 and have been very happy with it. I bought a display model from a local B&M after a replacement model was introduced.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DVD1968
Recent bookmarks