What's new

Any update on Toshiba 50H81 availability? (1 Viewer)

Rick Radford

Supporting Actor
Michael,
I believe H80 is last year's model and H81 is the 2002 model.
Check out:
Link Removed
Go to video hw and HDTV monitors and look for Toshiba 50h81 and you can check out the specs. (hx series too).
------------------
--RR

Andrew Grall

Supporting Actor
Any new updates on whether this set is shipping yet?
I called Best Buy again today to check on the availability, and their system still won't let the mset up a delivery date for an item out-of-stock... The Toshiba rep was their too, and they asked him what the news was on that TV, and he just said it should be in by the end of the month...
So... anyone else have any info yet? I'm very anxious to get my hands on this TV!!!
confused.gif

------------------

Andrew Beacom

Supporting Actor
All I can tell you is that the saleman I always use at my local Sears said their computer indicated the 1st week of August. He expects to have a demo by the 5th.

Henry Colonna

Stunt Coordinator
When did Sears start stocking these models? Are we sure about this? I thought that Sears was not stocking these types of Toshibas.

Ryan Pream

Stunt Coordinator
They only show two non hdtv toshiba at Sears Online. It would be nice if they did so we could pricematch. I suspect the 50H81 is going to be a better set then the 47WX49. I'm just not sure if it's worth $700 and a few weeks of waiting.
Ryan
------------------

Andrew Grall

Supporting Actor
Well, I stopped in at the Southfield Best Buy this morning, and they still don't have them in stock. However, Dan (the nice manager guy) assured me that he is checking every day, and will lock one in for me as soon as he sees them in stock...
So, hopefully I will hear something positive soon...
------------------

Ryan Pream

Stunt Coordinator
Apparently the 50H81 sightings were false. The poster at Home Theater Spot recanted and said the manager had mixed it up with another set.
Ryan
------------------

CameronS

Supporting Actor
I was a little confused by the 50H81 sightings as well.
Recently, I checked up on the status of the sets as Best Buy. Still no warehouse has a single one in stock. Even though some are saying that the store they went to would not let them place an order because the 50H81 was not available at the warehouse, you actually can. They just will not be able to give you an exact date on when you will get it. In fact, the system showed that 2 sets had already been sold (although no merchandise has traded hands of course, it is only a sold order.)
------------------
campic07.jpg

The HTF Lowest Post Champion!

AlbertH

Stunt Coordinator
I sold one at best buy to a couple on saturday. Lucky they picked it up then, cuz in the system it was at 2199 and now its back up to 2499. They also got a free dvd player (toshiba sd-1700) to go with it. Boy they got a great deal. Best part is that since they are getting one of the first ones out of the warehouse i told them i would go to their house and set it up, so i can be the personal guinea (sp?) pig on a brand new unit, i'll check back in with you guys once it comes in, cuz i didn't have a date for them either!!!

Andrew Grall

Supporting Actor
AlbertH,
Are you saying that you they had some in stock when you sold them one on Saturday? Or are you saying you sold them one, and they will get it when they come in? I'm curious because at the Best Buy here, they aren't allowed to do a sale if it is not in stock, it seems...
------------------

AlbertH

Stunt Coordinator
none were in stock, but it was such a big sale that the manager let me sell it. I will set up a delivery manually once the tvs arrives in our wharehouses.

JohnnyG

Screenwriter
I just got off the phone with Toshiba Canada. The 50H81's are expected next week.
On a somewhat related note, the SD4700 progressive scan DVD-Video/Audio player has been delayed until the first week of September!
------------------
John Golitsis
Next Big Thing Electronics

Henry Colonna

Stunt Coordinator
Any news on the '71s?? Best Buy has no - interst financing until 1/2003, I sure would like to get them to sell me a '71 this week even if they are not in quite yet.

Pete B.

Stunt Coordinator
Might be a good deal if Best Buy lowered their prices to match online vendors. Between the price difference & tax, I'm not really sure if charging to a low interest credit card isn't a better deal?
Ripper
[Edited last by Pete B. on July 23, 2001 at 10:06 PM]

Henry Colonna

Stunt Coordinator
Yes, but Sears doesn't carry Tosh's and neither does my local large smaller store (whom I wasn't impressed with either.) Best Buy is my only alternative. I guess I could look at smaller stores...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks