Any TV Industry people here?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by DeathStar1, Jul 22, 2002.

1. DeathStar1

DeathStar1 Producer

Question..
    I know people from the studios in the DVD industry read these boards, but do any from the TV industry read as well? I'm wondering if we can't get a chat going with some of them to see how they feel about the 'pop-up' commercial situation, and just plain lengthening commercial time over the past 10 years.
    Maby they'd have some ideas on how we can help slow it down, or at the very least make a slow dent in it.
    I realize it's a long shot, but no hurt in asking [​IMG].

2. Jesse Skeen

Jesse Skeen Producer

I wanted to work in TV for awhile and took some TV production classes in college, but fell in love with the movie theatre business and went that way a while instead (I'm currently out of it now for personal reasons- it involves the last theatre I worked for putting greater importance on the advertising slides than the actual movie!)
    With the onscreen logo situation, I'm glad I decided not to work in TV, because I could not stand to work with anyone who shows such disregard for picture quality. Apparently very few people in the business actually care about what they're doing (which should be to get people to keep watching, if you do that you'll have no problem selling ad time which is where the money comes from!) I had dreams of running an independent station, but sadly most of them are gone now thanks to Fox, UPN and WB.
    I do have to say I've been very disappointed in the show producers not complaining about the onscreen logos- you'd think there'd be at least ONE person out there who would take their show off the air over this. Sadly the industry people get to see everything on screener tapes and DVDs with no bugs or commercial breaks, and the reviewers do too so they don't take into account how much the shows get ruined when they're on the air.