Any Tourniquet fans here?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by andrew steven wells, Oct 22, 2001.

1. andrew steven wells

One of the most talented and unique bands out there in my opinion.Progressive-speed metal if you had to put a label on it..if this topic takes off,i would love to discuss this band and their albums.

2. Graeme Clark

Graeme Clark Cinematographer

Yikes, of all the bands people could ask about, I never thought I'd see this one.
    I used to listen to them a bit in my stranger days, but not really all that familiar with most of their stuff.
    ------------------

3. andrew steven wells

If you want to hear Tourniquet at their best (IMO),i would pick up their most recent CD "Microscopic veiw of a telescopic realm"..If you do end up getting that one,i would love to hear what you think of it.Too bad bands like Tourniquet,Dream theater,Stratovarius,Symphony X,Jag panzer,angel dust,and others dont really get the recognition they deserve..There is so much garbage out there on the radio,and it ends up selling countless millions..i really don't understand it at all.

4. Kevin Goodwin

Kevin Goodwin Stunt Coordinator

I liked Psycho Surgery, Pathogenic Ocular Dissonance, and Vanishing Lessons, but I think everything after that is just OK. Ted steered the new guys in a different direction with the last couple albums, although I have yet to hear the latest one.

5. andrew steven wells

Kevin.......if you like pathogenic,you should really check out "Microscopic..."..its their best CD since that album and actually surpasses it.I really dont think you would be dissapointed if you picked it up.

6. andrew steven wells

hmm....only two people? C'mon guys.Some of you are missing out on a tuly amazing band..if you like progressive-classical-metal,i dont think you'll be dissapointed.

7. Andrew s wells

Andrew s wells Second Unit

Kevin, did you get the chance to check out Microscopic view yet? I was curious to hear your thoughts if you have. If you go to tourniquets home page, they have a song you can dowload from the upcoming CD. a very nice gift for the fans i must say, and one of the best songs they have done. (IMO). [​IMG]