What's new

Any tips for my KP-46WT500 (1 Viewer)

JohnGoggan

Stunt Coordinator
So -- in the end -- how bad is this? Say, specifically, for Xbox users?

I mean, I don't currently use an Xbox, but I might in the future. I'm wondering how much "importance" I should attribute to the possibility of using the Xbox at 720p on any RPTV that I might buy in the near future.

I mean, if I go with something like the Sony KP51WS500, which seems very good except that they downconvert 720p to 480p -- how much will that matter for Xbox games? Would it be significantly different than using a comparible TV like the Toshiba 50H82 which upconverts 720p to 1080i? Will the game look that much different to the average player?

Please fill me in -- I'm just not sure how much I should "care" about the 720p if it only really matter much with Xbox these days -- especially if I won't be able to tell the difference possibly.

Thanks!

- John...

Branston

Auditioning
I'm not totally sure, but the way I understand it, any monitor that displays 720P is processing the most image infrmation because with 720P at any onetime there are 720 lines of information on the screen. With 1080i, at any onetime there is only 540 lines of information on the screen, thus,

if a monitor "downcoverts" 720p to 480p = good
if a monitor "upconverts" 720p to 1080i = better
if a monitor displays native 720p = best

this is only the way i understand it however

JohnGoggan

Stunt Coordinator
Right, but I guess I'm curious HOW noticable that is with the Xbox as the 720p source. The Sony units tend to downconvert to 480p. The Toshibas upconvert to 1080i, I believe. So I'm curious how different that would look. In other words, does it matter enough to make any decision between two units based on the handling of 720p -- especially 720p from an Xbox for games?

- John...

Gilbert ^P

Stunt Coordinator
For thhose with this set, can you please tell me the values on your set for the HSIZ and VSIZ in the service menu?

Gilbert ^P

Stunt Coordinator
thanks christopher, that helps. has your set been calibrated or are those your original values when you checked?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks