Any tips for Ghost Recon on Xbox Live?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Jason Merrick, Jul 24, 2003.

Tags:
  1. Jason Merrick

Jason Merrick Supporting Actor

Jason Merrick
    Okay... last night was my first time playing Ghost Recon on Xbox Live, actually, it was my first time playing any game on Live. I consider myself to be a pretty good GR player in the single-player game, having completed 48/50 tasks in my dossier.

Well, I found out that, at least as far as Xbox Live is concerned...

I SUCK!!!

I was playing Sharpshooter on a few different maps and found some people nice enough to give me some pointers on setting up the server info for the game I was hosting. But that was where the "nice" ended! In a 10 minute game I think I had 3 kills and probably got killed 20 times!

So, anyone have any tips on how to do well on GR:Live?

2. Paul_Fisher

Paul_Fisher Screenwriter

Be very very quiet and be very patient.

3. Leo_P

Leo_P Second Unit

4. Jason Merrick

Jason Merrick
    Leo,

That's some great advice (I think!)... thanks alot!

In co-op do you just play through the single-player missions together? Are the maps different on multi-player live than the single-player off-line missions? I've never noticed all the openings and hiding spots on the Castle level!

5. Rob_Pierce

Rob_Pierce Second Unit

6. Damien

Damien Supporting Actor

if you own an action replay, you can use a save file with everything unlocked to use online.

7. Andy Anderson

Andy Anderson Second Unit

I had a lot of trouble when I started too. I got pretty frustrated playing solo.

I started playing a lot more team based stuff. People are generally pretty cool, and will help you out if you have questions, give you good pointers/strategies, etc. I had an insane amount of fun playing team based stuff. It makes your solo game a lot better, and you can end up with some cool "friends" online.

8. Chris_Young

Chris_Young Auditioning

Jason,

You bring up a good point. There is no information on how to play GR online, so it makes for a steep learning curve. Trust me, keep at it. It is a very rewarding game once you get good at it.

The main way I learned is by watching other players after I get killed. I only play TEAM SIEGE. It has a slower, more realistic pace than the shoot everybody solo nonsense.

So, play TEAM SIEGE and after you get killed press the orange button and you will see through the eyes of your living teammates. You can even just go in OBSERVER mode and just do this the whole time.

Good luck,
    I'm gamer tag chris5977.

9. Jason Merrick

Jason Merrick
    Thanks for all the tips guys... keep 'em coming! I still need to build my friends list... I think that'll make it more fun, at least if any HTF people are still playing GR.

10. Bryan_ZZ

Bryan_ZZ Stunt Coordinator

Jason,

I would love to join you in some GR action! I'll put your tag on my friends list today. When can you play?

Bryan

11. Jason Merrick

Jason Merrick
    Hey Bryan, that would be great. I added you last night when I went through the ATL list. I put everyone who had GR on my friend's list. As far as when I can play, it's pretty hit & miss... although it will usually be around 7pm pacific time weekdays and various times on the weekends. I'm going on right now for about an hour...

See you soon!