What's new

Any tips for entering dvd data into my Sony DVP-CX995V DVD Mega Changer? (1 Viewer)

kenp2600

Auditioning
Real Name
Ken
I just got my Sony DVP-CX995V 400 disk dvd changer and am about to load it with movies and their info. I have a keyboard so that I don't have to do it all from the remote. Does anyone have any tips for entering info in this machine? I'd hate to get 100+ disks entered and then find out there is some great trick to make it easier or more useful that I've missed.

Thanks!

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino
Expect to be at least slightly frustrated, although the problems aren't all Sony's fault. Some discs will contain text info that the player will read automatically. This is a good thing except that you're stuck with the data as contained on the disc. It can't be edited and it isn't always consistent. Season one of Babylon 5 appears out of order when I alphabetize my list because Warner Bros. either did or didn't use a colon in titling those discs. IIRC the bonus discs my Lord of the Rings set (I forget which of the many versions I own) are also inconsistently named, so they show up in funny places. And, of course, titles that start with "A" or "The" will show up under "A" or "T" if that's how they're on the disc. So all your efforts in typing "Lord of the Flies, The" is wasted if you also own "The Lord of the Rings". :)

Finally the system treats lowercase and UPPERCASE differently when sorting, so you might want to save yourself some headaches and just type everything in UPPERCASE yourself. ;)

I'm sure I'll think of a few others when I'm at home and in front of my Sony.

Regards,

Joe

kenp2600

Auditioning
Real Name
Ken
Thanks Joe. I'm especially glad you mentioned the upper case / lower case issue. That's going to annoy me to no end I'm sure. :)

Let me know if you think of anything else.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Steve Latshaw
Recent bookmarks