What's new

Any thoughts on the new Rob Zombie CD? (1 Viewer)

Brian Lawrence

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brian
I loved Hellbilly Deluxe and am thinking about picking up his new CD 'Sinister Urge'
Any Comments from someone who may have heard it?

DougB

Agent
It's pretty good. A little bit softer in parts than usual for him or White Zombie. But, it's still a Rob Zombie album, the samples are a lot more graphic on this album than any others. Buy it.

MikeH1

Screenwriter
Real Name
Billy
Personally, I'm not to fond of the solo Rob Zombie. Compared to his band White Zombie, its a big letdown, Simply put, Rob Zombie is radio-friendly White Zombie. I don't know the story on his old band(will they ever perform again?) but it has been a long time since an album from them and will most likely be sometime to come. We all know where the money's at.
Rob Zombie solo work just sounds to commercial, kind of like Mutt produced it. Pleasing to the ear but no surprises at all. I have been dissapointed like this before many times. Theres nothing like a good debut like Korn(Korn), Nine Inch Nails(Pretty Hate Machine) or even Marilyn Manson(Portrait of an American Family). After an album or two, the money talks and the music changes. Call it growing, maybe even exposure but theres no doubt bands like this lose their raw edge(except NIN, his first never had a raw edge. That came on his second).
Mr. Zombie played this right though. It will be interesting to hear the next White disc, I bet it will be quite dark and nothing like his solo work. Two different styles and he can choose a style for that year or two as he wishes. I'm hoping!
Oh yes, to answer your initial question, I did hear the first single from his new disc. It sounded alright. But I haven't heard the entire thing. :)
------------------
you lose it here and your in a world of hurt...
[Edited last by Michael Hein on November 14, 2001 at 05:53 PM]

James E

Stunt Coordinator
Michael, Sorry to say Rob has said white zombie has done all they are going to do. I got the sinister urge today its on for the third time now i think i like it, not as good as astro creap, but it also took some time to get used to.
i'am looking forward to seeing the directon Rab takes From hear.
james
PS
my first post hello all

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks