What's new

International Any Thoughts On The Long Awaited "Sodom and Gomorrah" Anyone get it yet? (1 Viewer)

RobertMG

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Robert M. Grippo
Has anyone gotten the long awaited restored "Sodom and Gomorrah" from Germany?

OliverK

Senior HTF Member
Yep, got it some time ago and posted as much in the biblical / historical epic tread. I found it soft, filtered and flat for a new release and what I believe was called a restoration. A lot better of course than the DVD but that is not really much of an accomplishment.

RobertMG

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Robert M. Grippo
Yep, got it some time ago and posted as much in the biblical / historical epic tread. I found it soft, filtered and flat for a new release and what I believe was called a restoration. A lot better of course than the DVD but that is not really much of an accomplishment.

Thank u! Seems this title is cursed

Capt D McMars

Bernuli Tech Vet
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Doc Sigmier

I find it very funny that Steward Grainger is playing Lot,Abrahams Brother...clean shaven? Like it was normal for Jews to be beardless!!! For me a major problem, LOL!!! When they say Loosely Based...man they mean it!!!

Bob Cashill

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Cashill
Yes, I thought it was a good transfer, considering its age and whatever shape the materials were in. (I only watched the complete version, on the second, "1973" disc, along with Cinesavant's thorough audio essay.) The decades-old LD wasn't all that hot and what followed seemed to take after it, getting progressively worse. Recommended. (I got it through JPC.de--Amazon.de never seemed to have it, or if it did only briefly--and it's now available Stateside via Diabolik.)

RobertMG

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Robert M. Grippo
There are 2 versions on it. The full uncut version is best. The transfer looks great! There is a fantastic video essay by Glenn Erickson which is a fascinating story about the making of the film. The blu ray is All region.
Thank u can u give me a link? Will grab it for Easter 2022!

Ernest

Supporting Actor
The Blur-ray is on back order and considering a Pal dvd is 576i versus NTSC 480i the Pal DVD may look decent. The dvd comes with both versions so maybe I will order the dvd for now.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks