What's new

Any thoughts on RCA rear-projection HDTVs? (1 Viewer)

Matt Harwood

Agent
I'm looking to replace my aged Hitachi 52" big screen with a 4:3 HD unit. I've seen the RCA D52130 for around $2000. I haven't seen anyone raving about RCA units, however, and wonder if I should continue to shop around or go for it?

Any advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Arthur S

Senior HTF Member
Matt

The Hitachi 53UDX10B 4:3 came in first in the Consumer Reports test of big screens. Also was first in reliability. Sounds like a winner to me. $2250 on a Sears 10% off day.

Artie

NickSo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick So
I saw a 43" RCA HDTV, and right beside it was a Toshiba 50' RPTV (50H71)... They were both around the same price, but the toshiba was $100 more expensive...
Side by side, the toshiba totally blew the RCA away. I dunno if they didnt set it up properly, but i did manage to set the Toshiba to Movie Mode. The clarity of the Toshiba shamed the RCA, which was blurry, and the colors were way off.
I'd take a look at the Hitatchis as well.. My friend has the 53" HDTV from them, it looked great with a Pioneer Interlaced DVD Player :)

Michael TLV

THX Video Instructor/Calibrator
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Chen
Greetings

In terms of pure image quality, the sets are pretty decent.

But I wouldn't trust it long term ... workmanship and durability is suspect ...

Regards

Matt Harwood

Agent
Thanks for all the replies. I guess I'll keep shopping around for one of the others mentioned.

I love this place. Thanks again.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks