What's new

Any thoughts on RCA rear-projection HDTVs? (1 Viewer)

Matt Harwood

Agent
I'm looking to replace my aged Hitachi 52" big screen with a 4:3 HD unit. I've seen the RCA D52130 for around $2000. I haven't seen anyone raving about RCA units, however, and wonder if I should continue to shop around or go for it?

Any advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Arthur S

Senior HTF Member
Matt

The Hitachi 53UDX10B 4:3 came in first in the Consumer Reports test of big screens. Also was first in reliability. Sounds like a winner to me. $2250 on a Sears 10% off day.

Artie

NickSo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick So
I saw a 43" RCA HDTV, and right beside it was a Toshiba 50' RPTV (50H71)... They were both around the same price, but the toshiba was $100 more expensive...
Side by side, the toshiba totally blew the RCA away. I dunno if they didnt set it up properly, but i did manage to set the Toshiba to Movie Mode. The clarity of the Toshiba shamed the RCA, which was blurry, and the colors were way off.
I'd take a look at the Hitatchis as well.. My friend has the 53" HDTV from them, it looked great with a Pioneer Interlaced DVD Player :)

Michael TLV

THX Video Instructor/Calibrator
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Chen
Greetings

In terms of pure image quality, the sets are pretty decent.

But I wouldn't trust it long term ... workmanship and durability is suspect ...

Regards

Matt Harwood

Agent
Thanks for all the replies. I guess I'll keep shopping around for one of the others mentioned.

I love this place. Thanks again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2handband